Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 05-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #21
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Car Wars @ Kublacon 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
yeah, with the Dumbarton Slalom and now my own Cal Expo creation I'm thinking I'll make a series of Northern California based arenas. Where next, Chico? Fort Bragg? Stockton? ideas? lol
Didn't SJ Games do the Cow Palace? How you could duel in that thing is beyond me, but hey, it's Car Wars.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #22
woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
Didn't SJ Games do the Cow Palace? How you could duel in that thing is beyond me, but hey, it's Car Wars.
No map just that the Cow Palace is mentioned as being one of the Overdrive Circuit's arenas. What occurred to me is that the land it's on was turned into an arena or that it's an "only in San Francisco" thing and it's an indoor off-road arena, there were off-road races held inside the Cow Palace.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:12 AM   #23
Chernobyl

Second new car is a Heavy Laser equipped mid size...
All the cars are set now just need to print my materials for saturday's game. hope to see many of you there!

Eric
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #24
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
No map just that the Cow Palace is mentioned as being one of the Overdrive Circuit's arenas. What occurred to me is that the land it's on was turned into an arena or that it's an "only in San Francisco" thing and it's an indoor off-road arena, there were off-road races held inside the Cow Palace.
Well, auto racing *has* been run inside the Cow Palace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Tiq38hbWc ....

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #25
Blue Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Well, auto racing *has* been run inside the Cow Palace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Tiq38hbWc ....
Cute. Very cute. You're like the guy on the GURPS lava thread who pointed me to the official SJGames Lava supplement; "Lava; you fall in, you die." Sorry, I hope I haven't revealed too much about that publication.

I just remember all the Sharks' games I saw there before they got their own arena down in San Jose, and all the outdoor boat and camping expos I went to there. So I have this "prejudiced" or "colored" perspective on the Cow Palace >:)
Old 05-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #26
43Supporter

Quote:
I just remember all the Sharks' games I saw there before they got their own arena down in San Jose, and all the outdoor boat and camping expos I went to there. So I have this "prejudiced" or "colored" perspective on the Cow Palace >:)
Just pointing out "there has in fact been auto racing inside CP; why not autoduelling?".

The Chili Bowl midget-car race has been run indoors for decades, as well. So "indoor racing events" isn't outside [ahem] the realm of possibility. :)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:15 AM   #27
Blue Ghost

A pretty fun FFA (non-team) event. I'm sorry we didn't have a few more players to add to the mayhem.

And given that I won an adorable stuffed powder blue Chtulu doll wearing an Uncle Sam hat, I think I can safely say that Evil Steve toys truly is an instrument of the illuminati.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #28
Chernobyl

Quote:
A pretty fun FFA (non-team) event. I'm sorry we didn't have a few more players to add to the mayhem.

And given that I won an adorable stuffed powder blue Chtulu doll wearing an Uncle Sam hat, I think I can safely say that Evil Steve toys truly is an instrument of the illuminati.
Yep. another car wars event in the books. Thanks to the 5 competitors who did their best to wipe each other out, and SJ Games and the Men in Black for the prize support. Hope everyone had a good time.

I've chosen the City and arena location for next year, the Port of Stockton Duelarama! which I am going to nickname, "The Pit!"
Old 06-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #29
Chernobyl

so Kublacon attendance was over 3700 this year, about a 10% increase from last year. didn't seem as crowded but I suppose that is because they were split up over multiple hotels now.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #30
Blue Ghost

Personally I think they should have kept it at one hotel. The Marriot's plenty big.