Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #121
andreww

Default Re: TFT Helper - beta test of app

I now welcome comments of the "I can't find anything wrong" sort. Send them to tfthelper@gmail.com so as not to clutter up this thread. Real issues can go to that address or to the thread, as you see fit.

Has anyone made it out? Without cheating?

Thanks, all.
andreww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #122
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
Thanks, got it working this time!
Old 07-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #123
Shadekeep

Seems pretty nice. The adventure is hard as nails. My only comment, which probably has been made already, is that the gradient background behind the reference tables is distracting. I'd rather see those done in simple alternating white and light grey. Otherwise quite handy. Well done to the app team!
Old 07-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #124
andreww

The adventure is supposed to be tough. My original idea was that just 1 in 10 characters would make it through. It's more a learning tool than an independent game. It's not nearly as hard as intended. It's certainly winnable. I shouldn't give any clues.

If you spend a couple dozen characters and find all the encounters you will have gotten your money's worth. It branches a lot for the sake of replayability, but it's not very extensive.

Last edited by andreww; 07-20-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:58 PM   #125
andreww

For those of you who might use the app as GM here's a hidden feature: you can group your NPCs by appending a group identifier in parenthesis to the character name as in "Murph (bandit)". If you go the Play screen you will then see two small arrows that will let you quickly move through all the characters in that group. Thus if your players encounter a group of guards you can easily see the stats, Talents, hit points, fatigue, and notes for each character and quickly flip between them. That way each member of such a group can be an individual, not a clone, with very little overhead.

I'm not satisfied with that description, but if you try it you should see what I mean instantly. I also need to make this hidden feature less hidden.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #126
Helborn

Boomerang does not use missile range adjustments. It gives-1 per hex. Standard thrown weapon adjustments
Old 07-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #127
Helborn

Also Boomerang did 8 points of damage after armor. Opponent did not fall down and did not have -2DX next turn. Boomerang was thrown from 2 yds away.

No option to Quick draw sword after throwing boomerang. No option to assign Quick draw to sword during creation/editing.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #128
andreww

Thank you for the feedback!

That's strange, I specifically remember testing the boomerang. I'm already building 1.0, so I'll have to solve that mystery for 1.1.

The combat was supposed to be introductory, so Quick-Draw was never intended to be part of the combat. I'll make that a maybe for 1.1.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:32 AM   #129
Helborn

There's one more option that you might consider - Thrown weapons allows a character to ready and throw on the same turn....
Old 08-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #130
andreww

App should be released any day now.

Last edited by andreww; 08-01-2019 at 11:05 AM.