Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 07-31-2018, 02:25 PM   #11
Terquem

Default Re: Elemental magic

I think, for now I am going to consolidate these ideas

All Talents and Spells cost 1 Intelligence Slot to learn

Some Talents and Spells have prerequisites, Talents or Spells you must already know to learn them (this way, Fencing (3) and IQ 10 talent, is no different from Fencing (1) which requires you to already know Sword (1), an IQ 8 talent, and Swordplay (1) an IQ 9 Talent, but now takes up 3 IQ slots instead of 5).

Some Talents and Spells can be Improved without assigning a new IQ slot to learn the improved version

Experience points in my system can be traded in for one of these things

Increase any Attribute by 1 point

Improve any Talent or Spell (which has the option of being improved, given you meet the requirements for Improvement)

Add a Talent or Spell "Bonus Slot" (note, this trade in provides a way to pick up additional Talents or Spells without directly increasing Intelligence, it does not give you a new talent or spell, but provides a "stepping stone" to get there)

Some Talents and Spells which are Improved versions of simpler Talents and Spells cannot be taken when a character is first created, but can only be obtained by the Improvement process (trading in Experience Points).

Last edited by Terquem; 07-31-2018 at 02:45 PM. Reason: missed a bit, small math error
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote