Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
Ulairi

Default How to demo GURPS?

Hi everybody,

This is my first post on the forum and I tried searching but I couldn't find a good topic related to my question on how I can run a good demo of GURPS?

Back in 6-8th grade my older brother and his friends played GURPS and when they spent the night at our house they'd let me play with them. In high school I played some GURPS and Rifts but I stopped really role-playing except for some D&D 3.5 in college. Anyway, in grad school my friends and I would play a lot of Munchkin (this is back around 2004-2006). I recently found my box of Munchkin and was playing some buddies at work and it got me thinking about how much fun I had playing GURPS back when I was a kid. Anyway, I found the "How to GM GURPS" eBook and picked up the basic set and I really want to get a group going. However! I have some friends that have played Munchkin but have never played a role-playing game before. What's the best way to create a demo?

I have never been a game master so it would be good for me as well. I loved character creation back in the day but it can take a lot of time. I'm not sure if I should just create some characters or talk to them about what sort of character they'd like to play and then use that information to create something for them.

Also: I was thinking about picking up Infinite Worlds because we all love sliders and I kind of used Sliders to pitch playing GURPS.

Any help would be really great. Thanks!

Also did the Discworld game ever get released? I cannot find it anywhere and my friend and I are really into it so that would be another option.

Last edited by Ulairi; 04-15-2016 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added something more
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, gurps 4th edition, new game master, new player