Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #11
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Flesh to Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I have yet to run a DFRPG campaign long enough for this to matter.
Ditto... but still they build as though the potential exists (it does, it's just not often realized).

Quote:
I suppose I am also the sort of GM who would probably allow someone to swap out an advantage that didn't seem to be pulling its weight anymore.
Thing is, despite my nay-sayin, I do think it'd pull it's own weight. Until the PC Cleric has more than 92 spells...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:31 AM   #12
Balor Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
If you are constantly spamming flesh to stone, it can be useful to know how to reverse your own spell.
Because unpetrified loot is best loot!

Is it RAW to break off a body part and cast Stone to Flesh on just the part? Maybe if the part is one of the heads?
Balor Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:53 AM   #13
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
These are the same types that refuse to start play with Weapon Bond on a Character...
I find this difficult to understand.
It certainly make sense if your metric for success is "total amount of cp the character is worth" but ... is that really something peoples care about ?
Even if you know for sure that you will have looted a better weapon by the end of the first dungeon, how can you be sure that your survival won't depend on that +1 ?

It's sort of like in video game RPG, where some players will rather die (you only lose time) than use an healing potion that could be sold for cash...
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #14
Yssa

First off, as you all correctly assume, I did switch the terms--I read and wrote each so much thining about this that I lost track of which was which.

Secondly, I can imagine various uses of this counter spell. Honestly, I love the idea of of turning beings into stone and back again. I think it just nettles me how limited it is. Something I like about DFRPG is how much it encourages creative application of spells in unexpected situations. Stone to Flesh doesn't let that happen. That's fine.

I do like the idea of playing a wizard who goes around flipping beings back and forth at will. . . "You lie across that chasm" [Flesh to stone. Wizard walks across the 'bridge.' Stone to Flesh.] "Come along now."
Yssa is offline   Reply With Quote