Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
ishinken

Default Re: Original Hireling

Hmm call me suspicious or not but I find it hard to believe that you "missed" that one ;D Sounds like you'r just sweeping the dust under the carpet for now hehehe!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:33 AM   #12
Kimpire

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdemon76 View Post
Wait. I thought this was always the intention.

For example, if you were wearing some sort of Big armor, and you had the hireling in play, you could also play some sort of Big weapon. However, you had to have the hand slots available to you for the weapon. Meaning that while you were allowed to have the extra big item in play and in use, the hireling wouldn't allow you to have extra slots of whatever the Big item was.

I'm not sure this makes sense when I'm typing it. It's kind of hard to explain, isn't it?

I thought that the Siege Engine was an exception because it was a big item you could play with the hireling, and it wouldn't take up the hand requirement for the weapon, unlike other big weapons.

I'm not really sure how what you're saying is actually different than the way it has been played in the past.
What he's saying is that the hireling can actually use said Big item -- i.e. you don't need the hand slots or the armor slot or whatever open for yourself.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #13
maxdemon76

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. When I saw, him say that you can use the item the hireling carries, that he was saying the way it was before, not that the hireling uses the item for you.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

I'm going to get another clarification from Steve on this so there's NO confusion.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #15
maxdemon76

Sorry to make you keep getting clarification. The whole thing is just kind of confusing.

I appriciate your help and understanding, Andrew!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #16
Bastian

On the 15th printing (that's the one I have) It clearly says "Allows you to carry and use one extra Big item. Will not fight for you".

My understanding of this:

1. It gives you no extra hands
2. You can carry now two big items
3. You can use those two big items as long as you have feets, hands, heads, or whatever available.
4. If you comply with point 3 you can then get the bonus of that extra big item you hireling is carrying for you.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #17
Sorceror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
On the 15th printing (that's the one I have) It clearly says "Allows you to carry and use one extra Big item. Will not fight for you".

My understanding of this:

1. It gives you no extra hands
2. You can carry now two big items
3. You can use those two big items as long as you have feets, hands, heads, or whatever available.
4. If you comply with point 3 you can then get the bonus of that extra big item you hireling is carrying for you.
My understanding is the same. Hireling always confused me (and those I played with), but I thought Hireling would not give you extra hand/armour/headgear/footgear slots. So, you could give the hireling a big armour and whack monsters with a big weapon, but you can't get a bonus from two of the same type of item.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #18
Bastian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceror View Post
My understanding is the same. Hireling always confused me (and those I played with), but I thought Hireling would not give you extra hand/armour/headgear/footgear slots. So, you could give the hireling a big armour and whack monsters with a big weapon, but you can't get a bonus from two of the same type of item.
That is not exactly as I understand it.

For example let's say you are carrying a big weapon and you are not carrying any armor, the hireling carry a big armor for you, because you are not using any armor at the moment the amour the hireling is carrying for you gives you the bonus as well as the weapon you are carrying.

I assume that he carry it for you and when combat begins you equip it, it never says you can not equip more than one big item, it says you can not carry more than one item. So if you have someone to carry it for you until the combat beings then you can wear it if you have the corresponding free slot.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #19
MunchkinMan

By continuing to discuss this, the point that it's under discussion with top men (What kind of men? Top men.) and not necessarily up for debate at this time has gotten diluted. I'm going to close the thread for now until such time as those top men can come to a final conclusion in peace.
MiB #1029
Closed Thread

Tags
big item, hands, hireling