Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
Shieldbunny

Default severely limited Magery

In a low level game I'm playing in, my character has Magery (song) and was looking into buying a few levels with animal College only as well. Then i realized the only one limitation rule existed. I was wondering if anyone has allowed this rule to be ignored with either unusual background or a rules exemption perk, and if so how it turned out. Thanks.
Shieldbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: severely limited Magery

I've allowed completely different Magerys to be bought, ie: Magery One College Only several different times.

It's rarely cost effect to this so it never concerned me.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
Jerander

Can you point me in the direction of the one limitation on Magery rule? Thank you.
Jerander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
Shieldbunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerander View Post
Can you point me in the direction of the one limitation on Magery rule? Thank you.
The last sentence on basic 66 starts a statement that you can add one of the limitations. The one is in italics, which I took to mean you get only one.
Shieldbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerander View Post
It isn't so much "Only one limitation ever" as it is "Only one type of Aspected Magery Limitation is allowed".

Quote:
Magery 0 costs 5 points for all mages, but you may apply one of the limitations below to the 10 points/level for Magery 1+. Limited Magery is sometimes known as “aspected Magery.”
In this case of "player wants multiple types of Aspected Magery, or even a Multiple Aspect Magery (ie One College Song Magery), this is how I handle it:

Multiple Different Aspected Magerys: They can buy multiple different Aspects, that only apply on "one per" basis. If we're going full cinematic I let them use Alternate Advantages to make it cheaper (and thus a little better than just buying unaspected Magery).

Multiple Aspect Magery: For example; One College Song Magery, they get the largest limit at full price and the next at -15%. Thus One College Song Magery would be -55% (or 4.5CP per level). Each new Aspect limitation is at -15%.

For slapping regular old limitations on there, no change to base Limitation Rules.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limited magery