Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #31
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
So, for what it's worth: I don't feel that the two campaigns compete, though of course the products are running at the same time.
Which is what I meant by 'competing', finishing within days of one another, when Nordlond has already been running for weeks means this end date was chosen for reasons that seem short-sighted to me.

Quote:
...I would point out that my own campaign started on Feb 19 and ran for five weekends very deliberately to give either two or three biweekly paychecks between them.
Which I personally appreciated. It meant less scrambling on my end to support Nordlond (which I honestly don't want to use personally, but do want to see succeed*).

Having to worry about not being able to fund both means I may have to pull out of backing DFRPG Monsters 2 at the last minute if I can't scrape aside enough for it. Which will suck, as it's the one I want.

* I supported HoJ solely to get the DFed Technical Grappling. If Nordlond had something similar, like randomized towns, I'd be backing it for that... instead of 'just to see it succeed'. Sorry... I'm just not a "Rings Saga" kinda gamer... and if I were, well... I'm also well-versed enough to build it myself (the eternal problem for GURPS settings, those that want to run GURPS usually prefer building their own).

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
This assumes that _only_ those who already own the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game box set will be interested in the line.
Have you ignored the number of us in this forum (yes, yes, I know a small subset of a small subset) who have been active in backing both the original run of DFRPG and HoJ?

I mean, I can't be the only one? (Though I might be the only one that runs a tight limit on how much I spend on rpgs.)

Quote:
The only way the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game grows is by attracting those who do not yet own the game. And to do that, they need access to the box set at a reasonable price (and not after-market prices).
How does a short KS runtime support drawing them in? Am I just not understanding it?

And is there anyway to get the GM's Screen (printed, not pdf) in on this? It's really the only thing I care about and it's been Out Of Stock for awhile now...

Last edited by evileeyore; 03-04-2019 at 05:25 PM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #32
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

There are no plans to reprint the GM Screen.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #33
DarkPumpkin

Phil, will Monsters 2 be perfect-bound or saddle-stitched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post

How does a short KS runtime support drawing them in? Am I just not understanding it?
I assume that the Kickstarter is intended primarily for existing fans, but new players will be drawn in by the reprint being available in stores and at Warehouse23. I particularly like the player's bundle of the Adventurers and Spells books; this will be a great purchase if eventually available outside the KS.

Last edited by DarkPumpkin; 03-04-2019 at 05:29 PM.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #34
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Saddle-stitched, same as the first Monsters book.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #35
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
* I supported HoJ solely to get the DFed Technical Grappling. If Nordlond had something similar, like randomized towns, I'd be backing it for that...
You may be in luck, then. A collaborator and I are working on a Nordlond-focused random village generator.

Quote:
I'm just not a "Rings Saga" kinda gamer... and if I were, well... I'm also well-versed enough to build it myself (the eternal problem for GURPS settings, those that want to run GURPS usually prefer building their own).
Quite.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #36
Ronald

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
There are no plans to reprint the GM Screen.
My apologies if I missed this somewhere, but is the GM Screen listed within the $150+ reward level the print or PDF version?
I see that it is listed with the print rewards following the PDF rewards, but it is not mentioned in the description.
Thank you!
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #37
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
My apologies if I missed this somewhere, but is the GM Screen listed within the $150+ reward level the print or PDF version?
I see that it is listed with the print rewards following the PDF rewards, but it is not mentioned in the description.
Thank you!
Yes... the GM Screen was one of many excellent reasons I pledged at the $150 level. I assumed the reason this level was limited to 200 backers was because they have a limited supply of physical GM screens remaining. But maybe it's the PDF? Or a mistake? I didn't notice before that it wasn't mentioned in the paragraph.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:56 PM   #38
tbone

Now 25% funded!

... though I believe the real challenge comes after that initial rush of existing fans. Here's hoping it goes on to the stretch goals at $48K+.

And speaking of those stretch goals:

I'm guessing that "folder" refers to the kind of big envelope-like folder that was part of The Fantasy Trip kickstarter.

Then there's "journal", too. What's that?

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #39
Wayne

If I count right:

Monsters 2: 243 printed copies
Box Set: 37

Not bad for first day
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #40
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Then there's "journal", too. What's that?
There have been several Munchkin journals, which are small pocket-sized notebooks with a suitably themed cover. I imagine it'd be something like that.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote