Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Staff, mana, stored ST

You have seen my proposal, in the Experience thread, to allow XP to be spent to buy up your staff's ability to store ST. Potentially doublable with Staff of Power.

Here is why I want to do *something* along this line: For RPG scenarios as I see them, I think that limiting a wiz to his ST is a bit too limiting Fine for the one-on-one fights in WIZARD, not so fine if there will be multiple encounters. Some GMs will have patience with multiple iterations of "we sit and rest," others not so much.

The staff is the logical and traditional place for a wizard to keep his power. Q.E.D.

But this doesn't have to apply to all staves. Should it? One could, perhaps, create at least one staff spell midway in IQ between Staff (8) and Staff of Power (16), and say that the common starting staff does NOT work as a storehouse for ST - that's something you can add later.

I really don't want to create a new stat for the wizard himself - for one thing, that breaks WIZARD badly.

This is not a red/yellow question - I am inviting some brainstorming.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
staff of awe, staff of power