Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
ammulder

Default Combat Garage Update

I might have set the bar too high... :) I've been working on migrating all the existing functionality to the new version, so when you poke around with the 3D and 3D Printing stuff, you don't have to go without the actual car design features. It's getting there. The main things I still have to add before this becomes "the version" is non-car vehicle types and dealing with stock cars.

Anyway, after 43Supporter's observation, I've added a search by name feature front and center. You'll see "Search Public Designs" as soon as it loads, and if you search for Don't Miss, well, you can't miss it.

http://beta.opentools.org/

If you don't care about any of that, you can still use the original car designer here:

http://carwars.opentools.org/
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
possumknavel

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Hi - I played around with the beta. I couldn't figure out how to add a SWC to a turreted weapon. I could see where to add it to a weapon added from the weapons interface, though.

-John
possumknavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumknavel View Post
Hi - I played around with the beta. I couldn't figure out how to add a SWC to a turreted weapon. I could see where to add it to a weapon added from the weapons interface, though.

-John
If I recall, you add the computers to the crew position when you have the crew member selected.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
ammulder

Interesting. I think of the computers as going with the crew person, so you add it from the driver or gunner screen. I can see how you might think of a SWC as going with the weapon too, though. But for now, all the computer options are on the driver or gunner.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
juris

Definitely has potential AM. Why does every model look like a 1977 Toyota Celica? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammulder View Post
I might have set the bar too high... :) I've been working on migrating all the existing functionality to the new version, so when you poke around with the 3D and 3D Printing stuff, you don't have to go without the actual car design features. It's getting there. The main things I still have to add before this becomes "the version" is non-car vehicle types and dealing with stock cars.

http://carwars.opentools.org/
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
possumknavel

No problem - found it :)

I was thinking since SWC's affect the to hit of the weapon, they would either be a weapon option or under the electronics options. Just how I think, I guess.

I didn't see how to assign the SWC to the turreted VMG in my test design, though. Am I missing something else? <-----would not surprise me at all

-John

Last edited by possumknavel; 10-10-2014 at 06:21 PM.
possumknavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #7
ammulder

At this point I don't track which weapon a SWC goes with. That could be done, certainly -- I'll put it on the list.

And pickups don't look like a Celica. :)

My goal is to get all the non-3D stuff squared away and then make a long series of incremental improvements to the 3D display. I'd like to have "classic" and "modern" choices for the different body styles as well as more guns and accessories and so on -- it'll just take time.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
LokRobster

Quick question, does the CWC technology switch do anything yet? It seems I.C. engines, component armor, and HESH ammo types (for instance) are still available even with it selected...

Perhaps I haven't figured out the trick, but it seemed like every possible UACFH option there wether or not it's selected. Tried the old and new tools both.

So cool, btw; such a nice vehicle designer. Great work there! Yeah I haven't used it before... oh can it be used off-line?
Old 10-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #9
ldj00

Man, I am sure I am going to loss a couple more hours playing with this!

Thanks again for making this!
Old 10-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #10
Pentalarc

Just to let you know, it might not be working right with Firefox. I run FIrefox with a scriptblocker, but even with allowing all the scripts on the site, there are missing graphics and the 3d perspective won't load up.

I am entirely aware it might be my computer, or it might be a known issue for you, just letting you know.

The designer itself is still awesome, btw, and thanks for all your hard work.