Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #41
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA and Dungeon Fantasy RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
I can probably put a #message on the point trading deal, that point values will be off a bit. That might help.
Maybe this:

Quote:
Points spent on this trait are not supposed to be reflected in the character's point total. GCA, however, is not able to show a character point total that doesn't include every point spent. For this reason, you may see some point total discrepancies between GCA created characters and sample characters that have this trait.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #42
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Maybe this:
Well it isn't technically a "trait" as either a Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game or GURPS term of art (which is why these points aren't part of the total). I don't know if that matters but maybe something simpler like:

Quote:
According to The Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game points spent on extra cash are not part of the point total. GCA doesn't have any way to do this at this time, so character point totals may be higher than those for published character examples.
Would be better?

Last edited by sir_pudding; 01-10-2018 at 06:32 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #43
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Would be better?
You have a point. That works for me, thanks!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #44
Armin
GCA Prime

Okay, I've updated with the racial templates, and another round of various fixes for typos.

You can download it from my OneDrive here: Dungeon Fantasy RPG - Standalone Draft.gdf.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #45
adm

Thank you for your work on this, Armin.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 PM   #46
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
Thank you for your work on this, Armin.
You're welcome!

I haven't heard anything lately from anyone else who was working on data.

I have started working through Spells, but in a limited fashion: I'm copying the ones from the old DF files that are in use in the new DFRPG, and then I'm updating them for the current Realms and prereqs, and making sure they have the colleges (by the book, and expanded for convenience) that I want them to have.

I am NOT making any effort to make sure that any other data (duration, casting cost, etc.) in there is correct. I expect to run out of time to really spend on this very soon, so I wanted to get the structure of this done, at least. Other folks can fix wrong data later, if necessary.

I'm only just starting Communication & Empathy spells, so I still have a fair way to go, even with how I'm doing it.

(I'm currently doing it as a separate file, and have deleted all the spells from my working copy of the Standalone Draft. I'll probably copy them back into that file when I'm done, though, for simplicity.)
Old 01-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #47
Armin
GCA Prime

The Standalone Draft here has been updated to work with a new draft file for Spells.

You can now download the new file for Spells, Dungeon Fantasy RPG - Spells Draft.gdf, from my OneDrive.

This will probably get integrated into the Standalone file later, but for now it is easier to deal with as a separate file.

The Spells Draft should be all the spells out of Dungeon Fantasy: Spells, without all the extra spells and whatnot from the previous files. I did not check for much of anything other than the actual spells, plus their colleges and prerequisites. Casting costs, durations, etc., are all just copied from older files, so those may be wrong.

Load it after the Standalone Draft.

This marks pretty much the end of my personal drive for DFRPG files. I'm just not going to have much time for it after this, and as I'm going to be coding a lot, I'm probably not going to want to switch gears to data entry and validation stuff, and will probably be working more on GCA5 again, instead, during what free time I can scrape together.

Please post here if you find problems or mistakes.

I hope someone else finds the time to do Gear, and validate the stuff I could not get to. (Pretty please.)
Old 01-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #48
Armin
GCA Prime

I caught a couple rogue classification remnants in the Dungeon Fantasy RPG - Spells Draft.gdf, and corrected them.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #49
Bruno

I'll try to get the gear done.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:11 AM   #50
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I'll try to get the gear done.