Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 09-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #11
offsides

Default Re: Announcing Munchkin Treasure Hunt

Picked it up this weekend, and it looks good to me. My daughter is still probably a hair too young for it (not quite 4.5), but if I can get her to focus on it for more than 30 seconds at a time I think she'll enjoy it. She already knows I play Munchkin, so playing "Munchkin" with me is something she's interested in doing even if she doesn't quite have the attention span for it yet.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is using it to teach her basic addition - she's already good at counting, but this provides a good way to take the next step. Great job Andrew & co.!
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #12
mehrkat

I had a chance to browse through a copy and I was pretty impressed with the Munchkin Treasure Hunt game design and kid friendliness.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #13
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

I appreciate all the good feedback. It's great to hear that people are enjoying Munchkin Treasure Hunt. (Quote from a game I played last week: "Is it wrong that I'm 31 years old and *I* want this game?")

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #14
Mister Ed

Based on the positive feedback, and just a general interest in things Munchkin, I'd love to try this out. Is this likely to be something that MIBs will have on hand? Or does its TRU exclusive nature make that less likely?
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #15
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Based on the positive feedback, and just a general interest in things Munchkin, I'd love to try this out. Is this likely to be something that MIBs will have on hand? Or does its TRU exclusive nature make that less likely?
We are working hard to get it into the shrouded, slightly inhuman hands of our Minions In Black.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #16
Cpt. Sqweky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Munchkin Treasure Hunt. (Quote from a game I played last week: "Is it wrong that I'm 31 years old and *I* want this game?")
No. I'm 32 and I want it. Granted, it's mostly for my kids, but from what I've seen it looks like a kid's game I might actually enjoy playing instead of just tolerating.
Cpt. Sqweky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #17
Rev1L

Got it in my hands today and played it with 4 kids, ages 9, 8, 6, & 4. They loved it! Very easy to learn with some of the feel of munchkin. Nice job on this one I can't wait to play again.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #18
NeosMagus

I'm on my way to 36 and I want it... :D Though being in South Africa, not sure how easily I can get my hands on it. Same with Adventure Time - I just became a really big fan of the series (started watching it recently and loved every episode I've seen so far) and really want to get my hands on Adventure Time Munchkin!
NeosMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #19
hardbap

Our copy arrived last week and my family has already knocked out several games. For the last year we've been playing a home brewed version of Munchkin Zombies so I was thrilled when this was announced.

Our games are played with 4 players consisting of 2 adults and 2 kids, a 5yo and a 7yo. We've been able to finish each game in ~45 mins. It would be an understatement to say that this game is a huge hit with the family. It's been great fun for everyone.

The only fault we've found with the game is the choice of typeface used on the cards themselves. It makes the numbers somewhat difficult to read at times.
hardbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #20
mouse10133

This is a huge hit with my daughter who is 6. She always wants to play games with the big kids and I think this fits the bill perfectly. I love the fact that it stayed true to feel of Munchkin and the board concept is great. I was worried it would be another roll the die, land on spot, whoever gets to the finish line first wins, but it's not. Great job on the game!

I agree the numbers are a little hard to read, but nothing a magnifing glass couldn't fix.
mouse10133 is offline   Reply With Quote