Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #11
Gollum

Default Re: Any of the adventures/locations in Pyramid or elsewhere good for a beginner GM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
I do not see "You All Meet in a Tavern" from Pyramid #3-98 at http://gollumdeux.wixsite.com/gollum...rps-adventures either.
There are probably several which are not in my list, indeed ...

But a question, first: is it a ready to play adventure (with a given plot, the main maps and the stats for the main NPCs) or just seeds to create one by yourself? My purpose is to give links to really ready to play stuff (with no more work to do than when you buy a module or scenario for another game like D&D, Pathfinder or Call of Cthulhu, for instance). I deliberately dropped all the descriptions of interesting places, characters or items, no matter how great and detailed they are, to avoid misleading readers. When it is supposed to be a ready to play adventure, the GM is not supposed to have half of the work to do by himself.
Edit:
To better understand what I want to mean, Trepasser's Isle and Bring 'Em Back Alive! are ready to play adventures. But CthulhuPunk (1995 edition) doesn't give any, no matter how simple it can be to create your own ones thanks to the adventures seeds page 117-120.

Last edited by Gollum; 08-05-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #12
Polydamas

Default Re: Any of the adventures/locations in Pyramid or elsewhere good for a beginner GM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
There are probably several which are not in my list, indeed ...

But a question, first: is it a ready to play adventure (with a given plot, the main maps and the stats for the main NPCs) or just seeds to create one by yourself? My purpose is to give links to really ready to play stuff (with no more work to do than when you buy a module or scenario for another game like D&D, Pathfinder or Call of Cthulhu, for instance). I deliberately dropped all the descriptions of interesting places, characters or items, no matter how great and detailed they are, to avoid misleading readers. When it is supposed to be a ready to play adventure, the GM is not supposed to have half of the work to do by himself.
Edit:
To better understand what I want to mean, Trepasser's Isle and Bring 'Em Back Alive! are ready to play adventures. But CthulhuPunk (1995 edition) doesn't give any, no matter how simple it can be to create your own ones thanks to the adventures seeds page 117-120.
The ones in Pyramid #2 and Pyramid #3-23 Action Adventures are all complete adventures. I don't know about YAMiaT, I do not have that issue.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:03 PM   #13
SilvercatMoonpaw

Quote:
...Pyramid #3-23 Action Adventures....
Sounds promising. At least, it's a lot of adventures for one purchase.
SilvercatMoonpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #14
SilvercatMoonpaw

Mmm, I suppose I should ask:

Other than Trespasser Isle, are there any good undead-heavy adventures? Mostly Dark Souls is triggering in me a desire to kill the walking dead in a fantasy setting, but I guess it's not that hard to adapt zombie apocalypse stuff if that's more convenient to find.
SilvercatMoonpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #15
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
But a question, first: is it a ready to play adventure (with a given plot, the main maps and the stats for the main NPCs) or just seeds to create one by yourself?
You All Meet At An Inn is ready to play if you have GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 2: Dungeons, GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1, and GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 3: Born of Myth & Magic.

If you don't have those, then you will have to wing or create some monster stats on your own.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #16
Gollum

Quote:
The ones in Pyramid #2 and Pyramid #3-23 Action Adventures are all complete adventures. I don't know about YAMiaT, I do not have that issue.
Thank you very much. I'll add them on my lists as soon as possible.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #17
Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
You All Meet At An Inn is ready to play if you have GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 2: Dungeons, GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1, and GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 3: Born of Myth & Magic.

If you don't have those, then you will have to wing or create some monster stats on your own.
Thank your for that precision. I will add a warning to avoid disappointment.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #18
Gollum

Quote:
I would add "Bring' Em Back Alive!" by Barry Link http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/Rolepla...BackAlive.html ... there were some in Pyramid #2

There are some 4e GURPS Action adventures in an early issue of Pyramid ... I do not see "You All Meet in a Tavern" from Pyramid #3-98 at http://gollumdeux.wixsite.com/gollum...rps-adventures either.
My website is updated! Thank you again to you and to Evileeyore.

Polydamas, do you have the references (titles, webpages ...) for the adventures in Pyramid #2, please?
Old 08-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #19
Polydamas

Quote:
My website is updated! Thank you again to you and to Evileeyore.

Polydamas, do you have the references (titles, webpages ...) for the adventures in Pyramid #2, please?
Not on computer or in the new country. I remember there was a series of cliffhangers adventures involving crystals and a mummy ...

Listing adventures from Pyramid #2 would be a great project for someone with free time to spend on a computer.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #20
Gollum

Quote:
Not on computer or in the new country. I remember there was a series of cliffhangers adventures involving crystals and a mummy ...

Listing adventures from Pyramid #2 would be a great project for someone with free time to spend on a computer.
Yes. Apparently, there are four adventures.
ADVENTURES . . . . . . . . . 100
FIRST CONTACT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 101
A race of insects wants to join galactic civi-
lization. A science-fiction adventure by Scott
Tengelin. (Pyramid #18)
LOVING THE DEAD . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 110
No, it’s not what you think. A cyberpunk
adventure by Laurence MacNaughton IV.
(Pyramid #17)
PAWNSHOP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 117
An adventure for GURPS Warehouse 23, by
S. John Ross. (Pyramid #23)
GOTHIC SURFS HOP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 124
Mike Kelly writes a GURPS Cyberpunk
adventure for players with a taste for low-
budget movies. (Pyramid #30)
But, since I haven't got that book, I cannot say wether they are really ready to play or just more or less developed seeds.