Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
wiliiam

Default How do I use ROOMS?

I don't understand how to use ROOMS when drawn face-up or used from my hand. How do monster appear in these rooms? Can someone explain to me - pleez.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: How do I use ROOMS?

1. If you draw a Room face-up, it affects you immediately. Assuming it doesn't end your turn, you may still Look for Trouble during your turn. If you Look For Trouble, the Room affects the combat you started by Looking For Trouble.
  2. Also, if you draw a Room face up, other players, including yourself, could use a Wandering Monster card to add Monsters to the Room, forcing you into combat.
  3. If you draw a room face-down, you may keep it in your hand and play it on another player as soon as they kick open a door, as long as they don't draw a Room. If the player drew a Monster, then there would be a Monster in that Room you just played on him.
  4. If you play a Room from your hand on another player, and if that player did not find a Monster, other players could still play a Wandering Monster to that Room.
  5. And, of course, if you play a Room from your hand on another player, and if that player didn't draw a Monster, no one played a Wandering Monster, and the player Looked For Trouble, that combat would happen in that Room.
All of this is pretty much as described in the rules for Rooms, but you can see there are a fair number of ways, even if some of them are duplicates, for it to happen.
MiB #1029
Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
MiniMunch

Definitely bookmarking this. The rules that came with Star2 confused the crap out of me.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Dagothar

I'm slightly confused. What precisely is a 'Room' card? At first I assumed it is any card from the deck with door picture on the reverse. In the other thread which deals with when to play cards though, I read:
Quote:
Rooms: Any time someone kicks down a door and does not get a Room card, a Room may be played immediately from anyone's hand. Once a non-Room card is played on a combat, a Room may not be played.
In which case, if you draw your first card that turn, isn't it considered a Room? When it's not a Monster?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
robinreeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagothar View Post
In which case, if you draw your first card that turn, isn't it considered a Room? When it's not a Monster?
Rooms are special cards which appear in Starmunchkin 2.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagothar View Post
I'm slightly confused. What precisely is a 'Room' card? At first I assumed it is any card from the deck with door picture on the reverse. In the other thread which deals with when to play cards though, I read:
A card with a picture of a door (or something LIKE a door) on it is a Door card. We'd hope that was obvious in the newest printings of the rules from sets reprinted after May, 2010. We've even got a post somewhere (in the FAQ or errata, I think) explaining the silliness of once having Dungeon cards (not to be confused with Dungeon cards in Munchkin 6, another reason for the change) in Munchkin and Station cards in Star Munchkin and Alley cards in Munchkin Fu and how now they're all Door cards. As has been stated already, a Room card (which will be found in the Door deck) is a special kind of card added in Star Munchkin 2.

This actually brings up an important point: If you don't recognize a term, do yourself a favor and don't assume anything.
MiB #1029
Old 01-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
MunchkinMan

Maybe loosely related, in that they both refer to the Room cards, but this is a thread about the general case on how to use Room cards, not a fringe case, and therefore not related enough.
MiB #1029
Closed Thread