Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2020, 03:33 AM   #1
Alison

Default Death

Hi everyone
I am fairly sure this question has been posted many times and i am really sorry but i just need 100 % clarity for my group and i.

We have been playing Munchkin a couple of times now and have always avoided dying by helping each other or having an ace up our sleeve, but last night me and a fellow munchkin perished and we were a bit confused about the rules of death .. And it sparked a heavy debate as to what it means.

So i understand the first bit about losing your stuff except class,race,lvl and curses. and others taking cards from your body etc etc..

Firstly is says you cannot receive charity and cannot lvl up or win the game, and then the next line says that you may receive cards from charity or gifts from other players? how so?

And secondly which sparked the intense debate was am i dead for good or do i get revived and carry on my adventuring?

We had 1 player insisting that if you die, you are dead for good and is only allowed to draw the 4 from each deck and can only use one time shot to help or make another munchkins life harder and when you run out of cards thats it and you cant do any more because as he says by quoting the rules that you are dead and cannot win or lvl up any more, and that nowhere in the rules does it state that you are revived and can play normal again.

i hope you understand my frustration and can answer my questions.
Because if you die and its perma death, well that just sucks and not very fun if you die fairly quickly in the game and have to sit and watch for the next 2 hours.

Sincerely Alison
Alison is offline   Reply With Quote