Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
mawile

Default Wander an Ignoring Monster

Here you say, that once you are fighting the monster, it won't ignore you anymore.
You may meet a monster in 3 ways:
1) you are entering a room and there is a monster
2) monster is entering a room due to something like a Scroll of Monster Attraction and there is a munchkin (and maybe even a combat)
3) a Wondering Monster card brings a monster into a combat

In 1 and 2 you obviously may choose if you fight an ignoring monster or not. But do you choose in 3, when the monster is brought straight into a combat?

Well, if you fight an ignoring monster immediately, that contradicts with an unofficial opinion. But it is unofficial:)

And another question on top of this. When a male and female munchkins are in a fight, it is female's turn and someone Wanders an Amazon, what would an Amazon do? If there is some difference, what happens in case, an Amazon just moves into that exact room?
Will Amazon wait, untill it's male's turn or attack at once?
Will Amazon attack if there were no males?

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
mawile

Default Re: Wander an Ignoring Monster

Sorry, I'm waiting for a week already, and got no answer yet. have you just missed this thread or don't know the answer?.. Any comment appreciated, thanks...
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Asking a question during Christmas time is a great way to have to wait a week or more for an answer. Asking a long question with multiple parts, adds to the likelihood that you'll have to wait since Andrew and I are away from home, traveling significant distances, and, in his case, going on a gaming cruise. It's hard to find the time we need to read and answer long, complicated posts because we're spending time with friends and family. Any patience you can give us would be appreciated.
MiB #1029
Old 12-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #4
mawile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Asking a question during Christmas time is a great way to have to wait a week or more for an answer. Asking a long question with multiple parts, adds to the likelihood that you'll have to wait since Andrew and I are away from home, traveling significant distances, and, in his case, going on a gaming cruise. It's hard to find the time we need to read and answer long, complicated posts because we're spending time with friends and family. Any patience you can give us would be appreciated.
Oh, that's ok :) I understand. Just wanted some kind of answer, instead of silence... We don't have any holidays on december, 25 in Russia. And I forgot, you might be that busy, when I was asking a week ago. Sorry... Happy New Year!:)
Old 12-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

On the plus side, I actually have time today, so I'm going to look over my databases and the rules and see if my gut reaction is correct.
MiB #1029
Old 12-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
MunchkinMan

Okay, so everything I'm reading of the rules and cards seems to strongly imply that ignoring is something you can take advantage of when not in combat. A wandered Monster is joining a combat in progress and therefore can't be ignored.
MiB #1029
Old 12-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Whereas I would have ruled it the other way: a monster that ignores a low-Level munchkin only stops ignoring him when the munchkin chooses to attack the monster, or when the munchkin attains a high enough Level that the monster won't ignore him any longer. IMO, the already-existing rule about starting a turn in a fight (that you can choose not to fight monsters that say they ignore you) implies strongly that the same is true when such a monster is Wandered in -- and has the advantage of not requiring people to remember two contradictory situations.

Erik, would you please kick this to the Brain Trust, since I'm not at my computer with sjgames e-mail access?

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 12-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
MunchkinMan

Done, and thread closed until we come to a conclusion.
MiB #1029
Old 12-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #9
MunchkinMan

SJ spelled it out with saying that designed intent is that you can choose to not fight a Wandering Monster that would ignore you. We're also going to look into whether any rules language needs fixing so there isn't any confusion in the future.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 12-30-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, ignore, wandering