Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Libertine

Default Neolothic games!

I recently posted a thread about creating a training game scenerio for GURPS to assist new storytellers and players. The first idea for the first game was a fight club style. Since then, I evolved the concept to A primitive Olympics in prehistoric America. Here are some blanket rules.

The only thing a contestant may have on them is one horse hide, normally woven by the contestant. However, the weaving can be outsourced with an ally background at slight risk.

Actually, that's it. Any other rules vary per event.

The field is circular, with a giant stone monolith in the center, there is a moat surrounding it, with a mound surrounding the moat. And surrounding the moat, is a trench. The exact dimensions is up to the gm, but should require swimming, jumping, and climbing rolls.

None of the events considers any unarmed assault a foul.

So far, as a default, I have an event where the object is to retrieve a stone on top of the monolith and place it in a woven basket in the opponents camp. The basket can not be touched by any other players directly, but can be broken with the stone at the top, or a player can throw another player on the basket, thus disqualifying both the basketholder and the poor sap that got thrown on the basket.

Any other game ideas?
Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: Neolothic games!

I refer you to Caveman Ughlympics (aka: Caveman Games for USA NES players). Mostly a straightforward button-pusher in its console incarnations, but chock full of good ideas for this sort of thing.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Libertine

Yeah, like the mate toss and log rolling. I'm going for something that is a cross between a GURPS campaign and a board game which is why I am using the same field. However, Log spining could be done as the moat could have four sides. It just dpesn't seem to require much strategy, just a single die roll. However, log jousting could work. King of the monolith is also doable. I also figured that in the event of a PC death or incapicitation, a new player would replace the PC in the next event. So 5 events in all, I have 3.

Last edited by Libertine; 12-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
nick012000

And here I thought this was going to be about playing a game set in the Neolithic, in which case I was going to suggest GURPS: Infinite Worlds: Lost Worlds.
nick012000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
Libertine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
And here I thought this was going to be about playing a game set in the Neolithic, in which case I was going to suggest GURPS: Infinite Worlds: Lost Worlds.
The second part of the campaign will be done like that. This game is more like a training starter to get the hang of basic rolls. Thanx I will download.

Addendum: I got pyramid:prehistory instead as it is more focused.

And I found out that the mesolithic is the era where prehistoric GURPS games are normally held as it is the dawn of modern man. This is a GURPS campaign BTW. Just one that is very PvP with some NPC's thrown in.

Last edited by Libertine; 12-23-2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: added addendum
Old 12-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
Libertine

Instead of the canoe joust, we can do a canoe race.

Rules:
1. First to make 3 rotations around the waterway wins.
2. Canoes will be provided along with oars for the event. What you do with them is up to you.
3. Leaving the waterway results in immediately

Addendum to initial event.

It will be a hole, not a basket that will be the goal. Thus, the event will be called rock hole.

Trench run
1. Boards are placed above the trenches dug into the earth (will be a regular fixture).
2. The first player run completely around the trench 5 times wins.
3. Leaving the trench, or having your feet touch the boards disqualifies players.

Notes on trenches. The trench boards dip to A belly crawl space 4 times, the other times, a crouch run must be used.

Arena Chief.
The object is to be the last one not in the water.

Rock throwing.

The players will be given a 3 lb stone.
No contact will be made with the other players(this is the only event that has this stipulation)
There will be 5 targets of varying heights made of hide and straw.
The first competitor will be chosen with an initial throwing contest with a 20 lb boulder. The longest throw wins the first throw.

Players choose an area to stand in area of choice and hit the target of choice, the targets vary in size and height, the following player must repeat that throw, then make another throw
At area and target of choice. Similar to HORSE only one fail and player gets disqualified.

Tie breaker event will be old fashioned hand to hand combat until the other contestant(s) is/are KO'd