Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #11
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Trait values in a sci-fi covert-ops game

Diplomacy is also an Influence skill, so bonuses (even half bonuses) to it aren't useful if the skill isn't. Voice seems then mainly a bonus to Singing.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:13 AM   #12
Mithlas

Default Re: Trait values in a sci-fi covert-ops game

Cutting those reaction rolls doesn't mean I'm cutting all social skills, just that I'm not relying on random tables as much as logical progression. Quick contests like Diplomacy are just as valid as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelSammallahti View Post
Do you have the Action books? I would definitely start any project of paring down trait lists with what Action 1 suggests, and also check out the way that book handles Wealth.

...and cut the cost of High Pain Threshold to match.
Thanks for the reference. I don't have Action 1 (my last purchase was Psionic Powers, which will apply to this campaign), but I think one of my future players might so I'll be sure to look that up.

That reminds me, I saw a leveled version of High Pain Threshold somewhere that helped me understand better what it does and how to apply it (especially in cheaper, more limited part), but can't seem to search it out.
Mithlas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abilities, advantages, point cost