Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #111
JCurwen3

Default Re: Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet

First, I've got to say I just adore the sheet, and it's been absolutely a godsend in terms of its usefulness in my gaming of combat.

I would suggest these additions:

(1) A "Heart" location. It gets a -5 to hit (harder than a generic strike to the Vitals), which is mentioned in Horror, p. 30 and MH3: The Enemy, p. 10. Same wounding multiplier as vitals, and never explicitly listed as a "new hit location", it does have a more specific,tougher to-hit penalty. And obviously it's relevant to any campaign that features creatures that require a heart hit to kill or wound badly.

(2) On DF14: Psi, p. 34, the new combat maneuvers All-Out Concentrate and All-Out Defense (Mental Defense) are added. Although they appear in a DF supplement, and about psi, they look well-balanced and applicable to really any campaign that features abilities that require concentration or enable mental defense.

(3) Not sure where it would go, or if it's too specific even for this sheet, but a new Posture was included in Pyramid 3/34: Alternate GURPS, p. 12 ("A New Take on Grappling") that of lying down on your side ("lying on side", I guess). Same penalties for Lying Down (Face Up or Down), but just like Lying Face-Up there are some subtle differences that come into play when it comes to things like facing; note again this was an enhanced take on grappling. Just thought I'd mention it here for completeness.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #112
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post

(2) On DF14: Psi, p. 34, the new combat maneuvers All-Out Concentrate and All-Out Defense (Mental Defense) are added. Although they appear in a DF supplement, and about psi, they look well-balanced and applicable to really any campaign that features abilities that require concentration or enable mental defense.
I don't have my books with me, but I think there is something similar in Psionic Powers so it is more widely useful.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #113
OldSam

Great work again, perfect to have abdomen included! :) Thanks a lot!
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #114
JCurwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
I don't have my books with me, but I think there is something similar in Psionic Powers so it is more widely useful.
Weird that I missed it in the more general book... you're right! Those two new mental maneuvers are on Psionic Powers, p. 11 as well, verbatim.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #115
Onkl

Quote:
(1) A "Heart" location. It gets a -5 to hit (harder than a generic strike to the Vitals), which is mentioned in Horror, p. 30 and MH3: The Enemy, p. 10. Same wounding multiplier as vitals, and never explicitly listed as a "new hit location", it does have a more specific,tougher to-hit penalty. And obviously it's relevant to any campaign that features creatures that require a heart hit to kill or wound badly.

(3) Not sure where it would go, or if it's too specific even for this sheet, but a new Posture was included in Pyramid 3/34: Alternate GURPS, p. 12 ("A New Take on Grappling") that of lying down on your side ("lying on side", I guess). Same penalties for Lying Down (Face Up or Down), but just like Lying Face-Up there are some subtle differences that come into play when it comes to things like facing; note again this was an enhanced take on grappling. Just thought I'd mention it here for completeness.
These are all noteworthy additions, I'll include them in my to do list.
There is little space on the sheet as is, it would take a lot of work to include the mentioned changes though. I will try never the less... please be patient, I don't know when I will be able to release anything new.

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #116
JCurwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
There is little space on the sheet as is, it would take a lot of work to include the mentioned changes though. I will try never the less... please be patient, I don't know when I will be able to release anything new.

Cheers

Onkl
Thanks! No hurry, I just wanted to contribute for completion's sake.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #117
Onkl

Yeah... well, what can I say... didn't do what I was supposed to but made an update to the Sheet... enjoy

UPDATED February 14 2011, 22:24 CET

Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet 2.02
Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet 2.02 eReader Version Imperial
Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet 2.02 eReader Version Metric

Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet 2.02 - InDesign Source File

Changes 2.02:

Added Step and Wait in the Description section, thanks bjork.
Added Heart hit location at -5 hit penalty, miss by 1 hits torso and usual vitals description, thanks Curwen3.
Added All-Out Concentrate in the Description section, thanks Curwen3.
Added All-Out Defense (Mental Defense) as a Maneuver, thanks Curwen3.

To Do:

Quote:
Not sure where it would go, or if it's too specific even for this sheet, but a new Posture was included in Pyramid 3/34: Alternate GURPS, p. 12 ("A New Take on Grappling") that of lying down on your side ("lying on side", I guess). Same penalties for Lying Down (Face Up or Down), but just like Lying Face-Up there are some subtle differences that come into play when it comes to things like facing; note again this was an enhanced take on grappling. Just thought I'd mention it here for completeness.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #118
Daeglan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post

Cheers

Onkl

What about expanding to a second sheet?
Daeglan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #119
Mateus

Nice to see that you are still working on it =).
Old 02-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #120
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeglan View Post
What about expanding to a second sheet?
There has been a second sheet for quite some time now, I'm doing an injury sheet right now, so it soon will be three pages.
I don't want the Maneuvers to expand to a second page. I like how you see them all at once as it is now.

Cheers

Onkl

Tags
combat, game aid, game aids