Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #81
SuedodeuS

Default Re: Now this is too easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaraq View Post
#3)
  1. Make a character from each of the templates in DF. Save each character sheet as [Template Name] Level 1 (i.e. Cleric Level 1).
  2. Increase each character with 50 character points (or 100 or whatever) and save each character sheet as [Template Name] Level 2 (i.e. Cleric Level 2).
  3. Repeat step 2 by increasing each character with 50 CPs and saving the character sheet as [Template Name] Level n+1.
  4. Let each player pick a character from the character sheets labelled Level 1.
  5. Give 14 challenging encounters.
  6. Hand out each player the [Template Name] Level 2 character sheets, corresponding their current Template.
  7. Repeat steps 5 & 6, where you give [Template Name] Level n+1 character sheets to the players.

I think this would be the easiest way to simulate the DnD experience within Gurps. It's a hell of a lot of work (you need to make 20 characters for each template), but once that's finished, it's easy. Sure, the players won't have any influence on their characters, but I suspect that they don't care about such things anyway, and just want to kick ass.
DnD does have choices, however, so it may be appropriate to instead list options for each level (I think DF3 might have something like this). Even by your method, however, it isn't like creating 20 characters - you are creating one character, then increasing his point total by 50 19 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #82
Jamaraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuedodeuS View Post
DnD does have choices, however, so it may be appropriate to instead list options for each level (I think DF3 might have something like this). Even by your method, however, it isn't like creating 20 characters - you are creating one character, then increasing his point total by 50 19 times.
Both points are very true.
One of my personality flaws (I have many) is that I like the exaggerate for dramatic purposes.
Jamaraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #83
A_K_K

I think this topic can safely be walked away from.

Several solutions are on the board and everyone pretty much agrees that whatever Frankenstein-monster OP goes with will be full of problems, but if it makes the party happy, then huzzah.

/peanut butter jelly time.

Last edited by sjard; 04-07-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: removed most of the insulting nature of the post
A_K_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #84
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLT View Post
I think this topic can safely be walked away from.

Several solutions are on the board and everyone pretty much agrees that whatever Frankenstein-monster OP goes with will be full of problems, but if it makes the party happy, then huzzah.

/peanut butter jelly time.
<MOD> I've edited out most of the insulting nature of this post, please keep things civil. </MOD>
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dnd, exp, formula, gurps, level up