Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #21
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: How would one stat an ACOG Rifle Sight with Bullet drop compensator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Who is "they"? The RCO that I use is not a collimating sight.
You youngins with your newfangled "scopes" and "foregrips". In my day we used our peep sights and liked it!

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: How would one stat an ACOG Rifle Sight with Bullet drop compensator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeglan View Post
They do use BAC. The ACOG is specifically designed to use the BAC. The point is for it to be fast. If you need to take an accurate shot you aim with it the same way you do a scope. The Eotech is the same way except that when you want magnification you have to add a magnifier to it.
http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...m?categoryID=3

Not all Trijicon ACOG scopes incorporate BAC. If you have a source for stating what you're stating, Hans will give you credence. But you need to be aware, if you're not already, that well-regarded publications consult HIM on firearms information on who issues what to whom, when that started, and how many were bought, because of his rigorous sourcing of such information.

So...if you can point to a link or an acquisition bill that says that the Army bought the particular Trijicon sights that incorporate the BAC, then groovy, everyone's happy. But right now, you've not done anything but assert; assertion is not proof.

Edit to Add:

However, on the 4x section of that same page

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...m?categoryID=3

We find " TA31RCO-M4CP ACOG 4x32 Scope with BAC USMC Rifle Combat Optic (RCO) for M4"

So eiither the USMC issues 4x BAC ACOG scopes or they have a specification for such as scope, Trijicon labeled it as such, but none have yet been procured. While either is possible, I'd bet on issue.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 06-03-2010 at 03:08 PM.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
Daeglan

That would be the one the Marine Corp issues and it has BAC as noted. I have seen training videos on how to use that optic and they talked about how you use BAC. I saw it on Guntalk.TV done by a trijicon rep. Guntalk.tv is a pay site which is why I did not post a link here as you would not be able to get to it. I have also talked to Marines who have used the ACOG with BAC and talked to me about how you learn to do BAC.

If you go to the first link and click on each one they say they do BAC. every one I have clicked on has a listing that says Bindon Aiming Concept Y
If they do not have dual illumination. IE are not bright enough for use in daylight they seem to not do BAC. Most of them do though because most use trittium and fiber optic.,

Also with regards Publications go to HIM for info. Publications also go Tom Gresham for info as well. And Tom Gresham is the first to tell you he does not know everything about firearms. No one does. There is way too much info for them to know it all. So he may be very knowledgeable that does not mean he knows everything.

Last edited by Daeglan; 06-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Daeglan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, gurps, high-tech, modern firepower