Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Gamer Finder

Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
sabanknight

Default Online Play Group Looking For GM

We are a group of four players looking to collaborate to create a game that would be enjoyable for both GM and Players.

I usually run as the GM for the group, but I want to play for a while so we are looking for someone who will want to run a campaign.

At this time there are four players and but we would welcome more players if the gm would like. We are flexible and are willing to play on almost any day of the week nights and evenings EST time. Prior GM experience is recommended although not necessarily required.

We are pretty easy to get along with but have three general requirments for the game:

Use VoiP Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Skype. We don't care which but we have servers for most whatever your preference is.

Use Virtual Tabletop; We want to use a virtual tabletop program. We usually use MapTools a amazing sandbox program for gaming. I have a great source file with a lot of utility if your interested. We would be willing to use another but Maptools is our comfort zone.

Use the gurps system; It is the only system our entire group knows

We are comfy playing almost any genre and setting for a game. If you want some of our ideas to spawn your own here are some ideas we threw together on the spot.

A mythology mashup setting
A alternate history type thing. Where all premodern cultures are at their height Greeks Norse Babylonians Persians Asian cultures Egyptians roman's ect. The myths and gods that the cultures hold are real so titans frost giants Servants of Anubis all do exist. Lot to work with here so the exact focus could widely vary.

Supers setting
We had a game going a while ago that just had some bad scheduling issues. Pretty much was a classic supers setting where individuals had unique abilities in a roughly modern enviroment. Similar to heroes aproach that it is still fairly secret about these abilities but some individuals and groups do see the potential to profit from such gifts. The group we had was not good nor evil but just kinda was... They themselves decided that when a group was after them it was time to move to the otherside of the country. Could follow the same group roughly or a brand new one in the same setting.

Deep space
A classic space setting, maybe the players are on a exploration team or battle ready vessel in time of war. Lot to work with here could be dealing with multiple races or just humanoid, a utopian star trek society or cyberpunk or somthing else.

Colonization
A twist of the space idea, a colony vessel dropped on a one way trip their ship the first maned vessel to the first out of home solar system colony. Maybe their not alone...

Time travel
Time police, inter time criminals, lost in time. Buncha crap could happen in this type of setting

Dungeon crawler
Heck I bet our group could even get into a good ol' medieval dungeons and dragons treasure hunter type game

Use these to come up with other ideas mix them up, they are just ideas we threw out there for things we might enjoy.

Please send any inquires to sabanknight@yahoo.com or just post below.
sabanknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Default Re: Online Play Group Looking For GM

Moved to Gamer Finder.
MIB #1457
sjard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Hastur

Default Re: Online Play Group Looking For GM

I may be getting ahead of myself, classes start up for me soon and all, but I might be able to GM
Hastur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game master, gurps, maptools, online