Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #21
industrialchild

Default Re: It's 2019. What's your game?

One game I've been quite curious about is the oldie (but apparently goodie) Killer by Steve Jackson Games. I just purchased a PDF of it from Warehouse 23 and it definitely sounds like my cup of tea! While I don't have any interest in LARPing a game about assassination in the times we live in today, I think this game still has a lot of untapped potential and I'm going to try to convert the great ideas in here to the tabletop! It will be a great challenge but should prove to be a great time! I'm very much looking forward to checking that out.

Other then that, the most played RPGs for me this year has been TFT (with the old Metagaming Concepts rules for Melee, Wizard and In the Labyrinth), Tunnels and Trolls and I'm currently reading through The One Ring in my off-time. I'm going to add on some great revamped TFT stuff to my existing Hexagram Magazine and Pocket Box campaign pledges whenever BackerKit becomes available.

I do plan on acquiring and getting into this year Call of Cthulhu and Cyberpunk 2020.

Last edited by industrialchild; 02-24-2019 at 11:06 AM.
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:49 PM   #22
Shostak

A little bit of GURPS cosmic horror when I can get it. D&D5e because that's what one of my game groups prefers. But, it looks like the main attraction for 2019 is going to be The Fantasy Trip. This was my go-to game back through the 80s and I'm very happy to have it back (and to have found others nearby who also were ardent 'Trippers).
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:57 AM   #23
zorg
Experimental Subject

After several years without any RPing, I have been GMing a cyberpunk game using Risus. We were all a bit rusty, but had fun.

For future games, I‘ll probably stick to the Wushu ruleset, which is cleaner and easier to handle. I‘m not seeing myself using Gurps again - at least not as GM - which is a pity, given that I own 200+ Gurps books. Still; the work:game ratio is too unfavorable for me.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #24
thastygliax

I'm running "Time of the Tarrasque," a Pathfinder campaign in a homebrew setting. We had about a year's hiatus due to a couple players moving away and a couple of the rest of us changing jobs, but have been playing about once a month since September. The long-term plan is to go from 1st to 20th level, eventually adding in some of the mythic rules, with a fight with the title beast (which is considered a god in this world) near the end. They're just shy of 5th right now, so we have a long ways to go yet.

I'm also heavily in involved in Pathfinder Society, both playing and GMing. During the hiatus mentioned above, we started up a PFS home game so that group could get in our gaming fix while we sorted out the campaign, so now we alternate our weekly game night between my campaign and PFS scenarios run mostly by the other players.

I run D&D 5E for my wife and kids, on and off. We have made it through the first two adventures in Tales from the Yawning Portal, and are currently taking a break before going on to the next one. My kids are both teens, they've become involved in PFS with us, and my home game is up and running again, so it's gotten harder to schedule a regular D&D game for them. I've been running modules because I already have one all-homebrew game to manage.

And we now have a second-generation GM in the house, as of Christmas break, when my daughter ran a one-shot of OneDice Raptors for some friends. Now that there is a RPG club at her high school, she's gearing up to start running her first campaign, using D&D 5E.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:19 AM   #25
smurf
Banned

Trying to write my GURPS world up.

Want to get my Silent Death (ICE) game going again.

Finish off my 40k armies: Imperial Guard, Marines and Orks. Hopefully in time for the Sisters' release.

Got some MTG commander EDH decks completed and played.

Oh and some lovely Blood Bowl.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #26
thorr-kan

Playing anthromorphic predators (and omnivores!) supposedly uplift by humans some time in the murky past, pre-apocalypse. We're post-apocalyptic now, with a 70s-80s tech level. Powered by the Apocalypse game engine, I think.

I'm hoping to dive back into DMing my Al-Qadim campaign again. We did a Christmas one-shot. It didn't scratch my AQ itch enough; it's only getting worse.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #27
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thastygliax View Post
And we now have a second-generation GM in the house, as of Christmas break, when my daughter ran a one-shot of OneDice Raptors for some friends. Now that there is a RPG club at her high school, she's gearing up to start running her first campaign, using D&D 5E.
Congratulations! You are doing great work.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:13 PM   #28
thastygliax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos View Post
Congratulations! You are doing great work.
Thanks! My wife and I are frequently amazed at how awesome our kids turned out. (The younger one's in middle school, and wants to GM, too, he just hasn't worked up the nerve yet.)