Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-21-2021, 07:46 PM   #11
DeadParrot

Default Re: Engagement question

Even if Fred the Fighter's normal sword is harmless to the salamander, Fred might just pull out his waterskin and spray the contents toward the salamander. If Fred makes a successful waterskin spray attack, he will do 1 die of damage to the salamander. Opponents are sneaky and may attack with something different then the harmless to you weapon you last saw them using.
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:56 PM   #12
phiwum

Default Re: Engagement question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadParrot View Post
Even if Fred the Fighter's normal sword is harmless to the salamander, Fred might just pull out his waterskin and spray the contents toward the salamander. If Fred makes a successful waterskin spray attack, he will do 1 die of damage to the salamander. Opponents are sneaky and may attack with something different then the harmless to you weapon you last saw them using.
I suppose so, unless Fred has the Quick-Draw talent for waterskins, the salamander knows he won't get squirted for at least a turn.

Your conclusion, as I understand it, is that the salamander should be engaged even if he knows that Fred's drawn weapon is harmless. I'm not sure whether that draws the line too far or not.
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote