Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 06-11-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
Racer

Default Problems with the 'Preview Post' button ?

For some reason or a bug I cannot get 'preview post' button to work . It just submits my post . I triple checked by zooming in & making sure I only hit preview post button , but no change .

I've recently downloaded a newer version of Chrome to my oldish basic Smartphone , so that might be it ?
Have no access to other devices to check any differences during the virus lickdown .
Old 06-14-2020, 06:06 AM   #2
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Problems with the 'Preview Post' button ?

What version of Chrome, and of your phone OS, are you running?
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Racer

In App info does not match info in Storage :

In App states Android 5.1.2 ; Storage says 5.1.4

Chrome Says 46.0.2490.76 ; Storage just says 46

This Vodafone model stopped manufacturing in December 2018 . I purchased this device in February 2019 . Vodafone stopped selling model in April-June 2019 . My Sister purchased another as a spare/PAYG Phone for me off eBay in July 2019 .

Vodafone shops have limited reopening today in UK , but a local store suggests waiting to later in week at least . They have queues out the doors & there is nowhere for a disabled person to sit etc . Staff have been incredibly helpful to me in past , so happy to follow their suggestions .

It's not a major issue , just very irritating as size of text I need I & thus I can only view tiny part of any post .
Black on yellow preview background is also much better for me & my mild dyslexia .
Sure it's just minor bug .
Old 06-15-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
johndallman
Night Watchman

That's a 2015 version of Chrome, probably the latest available for that version of Android, which is also from 2015. But there I run out of ideas, sorry.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:41 PM   #5
Parody

I wouldn't expect it to be the browser, but since you are on Android you could try a different one. Perhaps Firefox since it has a completely different rendering engine?
Old 06-15-2020, 07:36 PM   #6
Racer

I would need extensive help then , as I am mainly self taught on phones & not savvy enough to do major operations on the OS etc . Tried it once on a slightly older version of same model after transferred my chip to newer one . I had help from a 'local expert' & access to Library's Wi-Fi & he still couldn't get it to work . Doesn't help that almost half phone internal memory is taken up by pre-installed Apps that I don't need or would ever use - like 'Hangouts' , 'Music' & a huge filed & complicated photographic App . I've disabled over 15 of them but can't remove Apps themselves . I'm going to have to massively upgrade with new device - a total nightmare for someone ASD no matter how high functioning .
At least I'm slowly recovering from my stroke last year & the number blindness & inability to see part of right side of screens has eased now .

Can I thank both of you for help & patience with what to others might be a minor tech issue ...
Old 04-25-2023, 12:15 PM   #7
Racer

Sorry to resurrect this :

I got a new model of phone last year in July and the problem of the 'Preview Post' button unable to function was resolved .

Posted just now after not being on the Forum for a while , and it has ceased to function again ...

I have a fairly new basic Alcatel smartphone . I have yet to try using my Girlfriend's Galaxy (which never had the problem) .

I did get a Security Alert about logging onto the SJ website from my Security App around January (?) , but not had one since .

I hardly think that would cause any forum posting changes ? It's hardly unlikely to be the cause of this problem ... *shrugs*

Can anyone shead light on this now ?

Thanks

[Edit] It also took multiple tries to press the Submit button just now as well .
Old 07-31-2023, 04:50 PM   #8
Racer

And another new Phone (same model but updated) and the problem seems to have disappeared ...

It seems to kick in 2 to 8 months after I first log into this Forum on a new device , so I'm wondering if there's some bug in the actual Forum code ?

Had a few issues with previous devices on Facebook and a Comics forum but not this specific issue .

I do not know . Perhaps when next Maintenance happens , this can be looked in ?

Thanks .
Old 08-01-2023, 12:36 PM   #9
johndallman
Night Watchman

What OS and browser do you have now?

When it next happens, try clearing cookies.