Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #501
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
The two angels turn to leave, but their body language makes it clear he's going to pay for that cheekiness later.
She gives him an exasperated look

"Have I told you lately that you are the biggest drama queen I have ever met?"

She reaches into Ryuki's pocket and takes out his phone

"John, are you still there?"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 10-04-2011 at 07:52 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #502
Dalillama

Quote:
"Hi guys." The angels are not amused.

A stranger comes up behind Ryuki, babbling hysterically. "Look what he did! That should be...!"

Ryuki puts up a hand as if to tell the guy just to stop talking. Instead the newcomer collapses. This surprises and amuses Ryuki but makes those angels even less receptive.

"She's right," the taller of them says to him in an ominous voice. "You should not do that in front of so many others."

And while his fury is gone, his sense of his place in the world is not. "No," he says, echoing the angel's tone, "you should not do that in front of others. I did a little sorcery and a lot of mesmerism, things that everyone in this room is familiar with. This is my right as a human being."

The angel's angry, but he realizes he's being watched, and says only, "Later."

Not one to leave well enough alone, Ryuki talks to his back. "You should call an ambulance for this guy," he says, looking down at the unmoving troublemaker. "You know, take him to a facility in San Francisco."

The two angels turn to leave, but their body language makes it clear he's going to pay for that cheekiness later.

Meanwhile the friends and keepers of the unconscious folks are trying to revive them, and giving Ryuki the stinkeye. Many others in the room are either jaded--they've seen too much to be impressed--or are trying to decide whether it was in fact just a really cool show.
Glen glances at the carnage in the main room, then says to Bruce "You're incredibly lucky he sold you to me, you know? If you weren't associated with me, he'd probably have done you too just now."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #503
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
She gives him an exasperated look

"Have I told you lately that you are the biggest drama queen I have ever met?"

She reaches into Ryuki's pocket and takes out his phone

"John, are you still there?"
His voice is soft and gentle. "Yeah I'm here. Everything okay on your end?"
Old 10-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #504
ladyarcana55

Quote:
His voice is soft and gentle. "Yeah I'm here. Everything okay on your end?"
"Oh yeah. Ryuki's just PMS'ing and having a drama queen moment. Nothing new there. You?"

The tone of her voice is obvious she is joking but frustrated
Old 10-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #505
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Kingman nods to Kane, but speaks to Zahirah. He's learned in a long lifetime to reward the meek and ignore the strong, the better to attract more meekness. "My dear," he says, dripping honey, "it is far too late for a first step. But if that sword were moved out of my way I would show you where the names are kept." He pauses for breath. "I would also like to leave a message to some dear old ladies who love me, to comfort them when they find I have died."
Kane snorts. "Send a warning, you mean. Right. You can tell her where the names are, right from where you're sittin'. Any tricks and your hamstrings'll have company."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #506
alexondria

Zahira simply gives Kingman her best no more games look.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #507
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen glances at the carnage in the main room, then says to Bruce "You're incredibly lucky he sold you to me, you know? If you weren't associated with me, he'd probably have done you too just now."
Bruce is cowed but trying to put a brave face on it. "No he wouldn't have. He can't do four in a row--he can't do three. He probably faked two of those. No way, no way, somebody's going to get him someday."

Even so, he's not convinced.

(Other threads a little later today, esp. after OOC explanation))
Old 10-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #508
Dalillama

Quote:
Bruce is cowed but trying to put a brave face on it. "No he wouldn't have. He can't do four in a row--he can't do three. He probably faked two of those. No way, no way, somebody's going to get him someday."

Even so, he's not convinced.

(Other threads a little later today, esp. after OOC explanation))
"You just keep believing that. I don't think that he's going to be a very good babysitter, though. It doesn't look like those guys I was hiding you from are any happier with him than with me."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #509
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane snorts. "Send a warning, you mean. Right. You can tell her where the names are, right from where you're sittin'. Any tricks and your hamstrings'll have company."
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahira simply gives Kingman her best no more games look.
Big puppy-dog eyes speak to you of a parental disappointment. "The names are in here," he says, pointing to his own head. "In my desk are a couple packs of stickers I could label them with, for you, except that walking will be exceptionally hard." The snarkiness is replaced with mere sadness though that can't be all true--the flaming sword still draws his wary eye. "And I mean it about offering a message of comfort. I was going to tell those ladies that angels came to give me a quick death, sparing me the lingering of cancer, and not the maiming and murder that they'll learn about once they read the police report. But then I suspect you don't understand the soft lie, do you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Oh yeah. Ryuki's just PMS'ing and having a drama queen moment. Nothing new there. You?"

The tone of her voice is obvious she is joking but frustrated
"PMS would be strange, but...yeah, nothing new. I'm talking to Kingman's apprentice here," you hear a voice correcting him, "former apprentice. We're just waiting for the pack of thugs outside to thin a bit more...say, Mr. Drama Queen wouldn't be able to get us a fast car, would he? Would you?"

Corat doesn't seem to notice Mitchim in the room.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #510
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"PMS would be strange, but...yeah, nothing new. I'm talking to Kingman's apprentice here," you hear a voice correcting him, "former apprentice. We're just waiting for the pack of thugs outside to thin a bit more...say, Mr. Drama Queen wouldn't be able to get us a fast car, would he? Would you?"
"I wish I could but my box, my zither case and my backpack carry everything I own in the world. I would if I could. Why can't you take Kingman's car? Oh wait...that might not be a good idea. Hold on, I'll pass you over. Oh yeah, we have his uncle, he's safe now."

She hands the phone to Ryuki

"They need a fast car. Can you help?"

Tags
in nomine