Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #51
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [DF] Turning bodies to loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
But I believe that preserving fur is much trickier, and not something that even a well educated layman, which I am not at all, could realistically attempt.
You are a well educated TL 7/8 layman. Outdoorsman skills are more than a few steps away from what you likely grew up needing to survive.

Quote:
Also I wouldn't want such an overarching skill like Survival to step too hard on the toes of other skills of less adventuring utility like Leatherworking.
Survival has almost no use in normal DF, I'm perfectly fine lending it some needed oomph so the Barbarian feels that 40 points isn't going completely to waste.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #52
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Does the party have access to magic? evileeyore's post (#17 in this thread) makes note of some Food College spells that should handle this for the party.
Nobody in the group knows any such spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Survival has almost no use in normal DF, I'm perfectly fine lending it some needed oomph so the Barbarian feels that 40 points isn't going completely to waste.
Well, I run a hex crawl. Survival is the most important skill in my game, possibly even more than weapon skills. Hence why killing monsters and eating them is a popular activity.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #53
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Nobody in the group knows any such spells.
One reason I suggested hiring an Apprentice/Acolyte with those and maybe a few other useful spells.

A Food College Apprentice with a single elemental college up to the attack spell would make a decent back-up-to-the-back-up Wizard. Or an Acolyte of Bacchus could eventually grow into a really useful back-up healer.

Otherwise Prepare Food and Preserve Food are literally 5 exp for a Wizard to pick up at the 1 point/skill -1 level.

Last edited by evileeyore; 06-25-2017 at 03:49 PM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body parts, gurps, loot the body, rations, selling