Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
Mirdur

Default Combat questions

Hi, I'm starting a Gurps game now and i have some questions:

I) There are any differences betwen anready weapon and unbalanced one? Does a high ST make an unbalanced weapon always balanecd? Can you after parrying with a unblaneced weapon attack with it?

II) Can you if making an all out attack, attack and then move after? or can you only move before the attack?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Mirdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
jahn

Default Re: Combat questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirdur
I) There are any differences betwen unready weapon and unbalanced one? Does a high ST make an unbalanced weapon always balanecd? Can you after parrying with a unblaneced weapon attack with it?
Unready means that you have to spend a turn Readying the weapon before you can attack or parry with it. Attacking unreadies a weapon unless you have a lot of ST, parrying does not unready a weapon.

Unbalanced means that a weapon cannot be used to both Attack and Parry on the same turn (i.e. from the time you declare to your next declaration). Unbalanced weapons do not become unready after an attack unless it says so in the ST column. You cannot balance a weapon by wielding it with high ST. Note that you can Attack multiple times or Parry multiple times in a single turn, you just can't combine the two.

Also see the GURPS 4E FAQ:
3.4.1.7 When wielding an unbalanced weapon, can I attack on the turn following a parry if I don't parry on this turn?

3.5.2 What is the difference between an unbalanced and an unreadied weapon? Can I make an unbalanced weapon balanced by having enough ST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirdur
II) Can you if making an all out attack, attack and then move after? or can you only move before the attack?
I didn't see anything against it. So yes, you can attack then move with an All-Out Attack maneuver.