Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #11
lvalero

Default Re: [Powers] Chivalry

I like very much your builds. However

1. I think I would need a "more verbose/detailed" version of the Code of honor. "Be loyal to the 9 virtues" seems too abstract for me

2. Instead of "Nuisance: limited by talent -5%" I would make "aura of courage" a leveled advantage with "Prerequisite: your level in Aura of Courage" can not exceed your talent level. And I would add "selective" so your enemies dont get the bonus.

Anyway. Good job!
Old 10-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #12
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvalero View Post
I like very much your builds. However

1. I think I would need a "more verbose/detailed" version of the Code of honor. "Be loyal to the 9 virtues" seems too abstract for me
That will be provided in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvalero View Post
2. Instead of "Nuisance: limited by talent -5%" I would make "aura of courage" a leveled advantage with "Prerequisite: your level in Aura of Courage" can not exceed your talent level. And I would add "selective" so your enemies dont get the bonus.

Anyway. Good job!
The "Selective" is an excellent suggestion. The other... hmm... there's not a huge difference in cost either way. Meditate upon this I shall.

Edit: The power could work in a DF game as well.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:27 PM   #13
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
No one is seeing any egregious flaws in the builds?
Undying Champion should be [46]. You're supposed to round before summing the costs.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #14
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Nice Arthurian thing going on here.

The Healing thing can fit in if it has a prerequisite of True Faith or one of the Divine power sources. Laying On Of Hands is a proof of divine favor, while all the rest could be considered training.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #15
whswhs

Haven't done a detailed analysis yet. It was the healing ability that jumped out at me.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #16
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
The Healing thing can fit in if it has a prerequisite of True Faith or one of the Divine power sources. Laying On Of Hands is a proof of divine favor, while all the rest could be considered training.
If it has a divine power source then it has different power modifier than chivalric powers. Not that I'd object to a knight ALSO having divine powers; I just think they should be defined as their own thing.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #17
Refplace

You might get some inspiration from Chevaliers and Commanders in Pyramid #3/122
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #18
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
No one is seeing any egregious flaws in the builds?
Aura of Courage has the issue that you frontload the cost, and once you’ve bought your talent up to 4+ levels its nuisance effect is no longer valid. It should probably be a leveled trait, with a note you cannot have more levels than you have levels of talent. It also has the issues that you need to “cast” it (using a maneuver), it can help enemies, and it continues to work for some time after those affected leave the area of effect. Those affected not needing to roll to get the benefit (as a beneficial affliction, normally they’d need to pass an HT+1 check to benefit), the aura not needing to be “cast,” and it only working on those who stay within the area of effect can probably all be considered to be a wash, but avoiding affecting enemies calls for Selective Area +20%. This would put level 1 at [20] (after rounding up from [19.5]), and each additional level would be [+2].
Old 10-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #19
jason taylor

It should have Obsessive Compulsion (Lord's Wife). This should be done in a Courtly Love manner with all sorts of nonsense about her "cruelty" and "mockery" and the miserable things she requires of him.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #20
johndallman
Night Watchman

I'd definitely recommend getting a copy of the Pendragon RPG. It goes into knightly virtues and behaviour in some detail, which will allow more variation in your knights' personalities.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, powers