Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #41
Dorin Thorha

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC

Dorli draws a throwing axe and hops down off the left side of his perch, watching the pipe. He then grabs his shield, although it will take 3 seconds for him to have it ready.

[ooc] Not making a Bloodlust roll until he knows for sure that this is a foe.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #42
ErhnamDJ

You can see the wire mesh on the end of the pipe lift and then drop away. The mechanism is not immediately obvious.

An ancient halfling crawls out of the pipe. You've never seen anyone that looked this old before. He has wild white hairs flying everywhere, and his skin looks like a collapsed mine. Oddly, there is another halfling, this one looking like a three hundred year old younger version of the one sticking its head out the pipe. But this one is translucent and coming out the side of the pipe.

As soon as he sticks his head out, he catches a deep breath of the wine fumes and begins to gag. The translucent halfling looks up at you and sticks out his tongue.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #43
Dorin Thorha

Dorli's left hand goes to his holy symbol.

"Who are you?"

[ooc] Casting Sense Life on the old one, limiting search to Halflings.

FP 12/16
Old 07-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #44
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
Dorli's left hand goes to his holy symbol.

"Who are you?"
He wipes the snot off his face. Or he tries. His sleeve is so slimy he ends up wiping more stuff onto it. "The name's Tipsy, my boy, and this here is my brother Itus," he says, waving his arm off to the side. Then he notices your holy symbol. "Oh, a Moto man is you? I ain't seen one a you in ages. My brother-in-law was a Moto man." Then he gets a serious tone in his voice. "That makes three of you so far today. And now you done gone and wrecked one of my jugs. You didn't eat none of my rats, did you? You're gonna owe me for that jug. And what was inside it. And for any a them rats you ruined. Them's my supper, they is."

Quote:
[ooc] Casting Sense Life on the old one, limiting search to Halflings.
Behind door number one! We have a halfling! Right on the first try.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #45
Dorin Thorha

[ooc] Who is talking? Old man, or glowy guy?

"I ain't in a funny mood today, [old man/son as fits the speaker]. If you want to be my friend you'll find it worth your while, but do not test Moto's patience. Who are you and where am I?"

[ooc] Sense Spirits on the translucent figure, excluding Halflings.

FP 11/16
Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #46
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
[ooc] Who is talking? Old man, or glowy guy?
The old man.

Quote:
"I ain't in a funny mood today, [old man/son as fits the speaker]. If you want to be my friend you'll find it worth your while, but do not test Moto's patience. Who are you and where am I?"
"Like I just toldja. I'm Tipsy and this here." He waves his hand again. "Is my brother Itus. And you are in Hell. I feel like I'm repeating myself. I ain't gonna explain this but the once, so gather up the rest of the newcomers and meet me at the bottom of the tower in about a half an hour. And don't mess with my wine or my rats, cause you're gonna be the one that pays for it if you do."

Quote:
[ooc] Sense Spirits on the translucent figure, excluding Halflings.
That's two for two. You figure this here is a ghost.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #47
Dorin Thorha

Hell? Yep, definitely one of those days.

Dorli takes a step forward to be better positioned to stop the halfling if it tries to bolt for the pipe. "I can't crawl through that pipe. How do you expect me to do any gathering of anything besides your rats?"
Old 07-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #48
ErhnamDJ

He grunts. "I'll bring the jug hoist around."

He crawls back through the pipe. A few seconds later, you hear him scampering around. Some small pebbles fall as the ceiling shakes. "Here she goes!" he yells. You hear a mechanical sound, then a metal hook drops down through the hole the rats are falling in through. "Tell me when you're ready and I'll pull you up!"
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #49
Dorin Thorha

Dorli slings his shield and axes on his back. "I hope this thing is sturdy. I ain't lightweight."

Dorli hooks the hook on his belt, throws a loop of the rope around his back, and holds on as best he can.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #50
ErhnamDJ

"Holds on! I ain't never done this with a person!" You hear three loud slams, like something being hit with a hammer, and then you're being pulled into the air. You slam into some of the wood beams, taking three of them out. Wood shards fly everywhere, but your armor protects you.

As you come to a stop, you hear a loud thud. In front of you is the halfling, with a sledgehammer in his hand. There's a big hole in the wall surrounded by new dust, and a taut rope going down the hole.

"Awright," the halfling says. He drops the hammer down onto the floor, then steps forward, almost tripping on it. "The tower," he says. "In a half an hour." He points off into the clearing, where half the wall is missing. "At the tower." Then he slips through the new hole and slides down the rope. You hear the pitter patter of footsteps and then silence.

The other two characters hear a whole lot of racket. Michelle knows where it's coming from. She sees the halfling scuttle by a few minutes later, but he still doesn't notice her. Not unless she does something to get his attention.

Tags
welcome to hell