Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #51
ParadoxGames

Default Re: Kickstarter - Ogre Miniatures Set 1

If you donate $60, do you get to choose an add-on? (extra set or reverse color set)

Or, do you pledge $30 now and are elegible for an add-on later if you pledged?

Last edited by ParadoxGames; 11-08-2016 at 08:41 PM.
ParadoxGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #52
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
Though, to be fair, we had "Scenario Book 1" stand in splendid isolation for a terrible long spell of years before the forthcoming "Scenario Book 2" was announced.
yeah, but at least it did eventually happen :-)
Old 11-08-2016, 09:37 PM   #53
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
If you donate $60, do you get to choose an add-on? (extra set or reverse color set)

That depends on how they set up the Backerkit. They don't have to allow add-ons after the end of the Kickstarter, but they may.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:12 AM   #54
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCestero View Post
Might Drew and Phil share their minds with us in these regards, even if we promise not to hold them to anything?
We will have to wait and see how this goes. The stretch goals are planned out so that we don't go ogreboard with promises because the last thing we want to do is ogredo it and find ourselves missing deadlines.

No promises on more minis, but if this does spectacularly well then we will absolutely explore options.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:12 AM   #55
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post

You can pledge $30 now and spend another $30 during the BackerKit survey, but only funds raised during the Kickstarter project count toward stretch goals.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #56
HunterS
Marketing Director

New update:

Update #3: Stretch Goal Achieved! Extra GEV In Every Box!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1732871

Hopefully we get to keep adding more value to everyone's sets, I know I want to see more minis!
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #57
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
You add funds to your pledge for any add-ons you want. OR wait for BackerKit, but BackerKit funds do not apply to stretch goals.
So if I add my funds before the KS ends I double my stretch goals..am I reading that correctly?
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #58
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
So if I add my funds before the KS ends I double my stretch goals..am I reading that correctly?
Close - you double your contribution towards stretch goals. Whatever money is pledged during the Kickstarter determines what stretch goals are unlocked, and then everything that is 'purchased' through the campaign, whether from the KS pledge or through BackerKit will get the stretch goals. But if you spend more money via BackerKit rather than KS, the stretch goal marker won't advance further - even if your extra $30 would have been enough to push it over the top to the next stretch goal.

Basically, if you're certain you can and want to spend the money, you're generally better off pledging it through KS so that it helps bump the total for stretch goals; but if you're not sure (or don't know how much you actually have to spend), you can pledge the minimum (or whatever you're comfortable pledging) and then take advantage of the results by adding on more after the fact. Either way, I believe you'll get whatever stretch goals are achieved by the end of the campaign - in this case, primarily extra pieces in each set (at least so far).
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #59
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
Close - you double your contribution towards stretch goals. Whatever money is pledged during the Kickstarter determines what stretch goals are unlocked, and then everything that is 'purchased' through the campaign, whether from the KS pledge or through BackerKit will get the stretch goals. But if you spend more money via BackerKit rather than KS, the stretch goal marker won't advance further - even if your extra $30 would have been enough to push it over the top to the next stretch goal.

Basically, if you're certain you can and want to spend the money, you're generally better off pledging it through KS so that it helps bump the total for stretch goals; but if you're not sure (or don't know how much you actually have to spend), you can pledge the minimum (or whatever you're comfortable pledging) and then take advantage of the results by adding on more after the fact. Either way, I believe you'll get whatever stretch goals are achieved by the end of the campaign - in this case, primarily extra pieces in each set (at least so far).
This. You don't get double stretch goals, but you do help us REACH further stretch goals by having your contributions go towards the overall goal.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #60
HeatDeath

To break it down further, stretch goals are achieved as the total amount pledged by all backers increases. that's the big number at the top. When you pledge 30, that number goes up by 30. When you pledge more, that number goes up more. the higher that number gets, the more strecth goals are hit, the more miniatures everybody gets.

If you decide to only pledge 30, and then buy more stuff later via backerkit, that big number doesn't go up as far. Not good.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote