Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:06 AM   #81
Izzy_B

Default Re: Ogrezine 2 Now on Kickstarter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Unfortunately, as I was getting ready to place an order through BackerKit, I lost my job. Hopefully I can find new employment quickly, and that extra copies of M2 and M3 hit Warehouse 23 or are reprinted later. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll have to miss out on these.
Wow sorry to hear that!
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #82
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Unfortunately, as I was getting ready to place an order through BackerKit, I lost my job. Hopefully I can find new employment quickly, and that extra copies of M2 and M3 hit Warehouse 23 or are reprinted later. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll have to miss out on these.
Yiles. Fingers crossed you find something quickly, my friend. I doubt we'll see a reprint soon, but if the past few are any indication Phil will round up the lot and sell the extras ala carte. The great question is how many that 'rounding up' is, M1 was cut pretty close.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #83
ColBosch

It was a bit of a kick in the teeth, to be sure. And of course it came on the heels of me spending far too much money on my apartment.

Well, if I can't get them, it just gives me an excuse to travel about and play on everyone else's copies. ;)
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #84
selenite

Good luck! Post your travels so we can volunteer to host games.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #85
Tim Kauffman

Drew...when is the absolute deadest of the dead deadline for art submissions?
Old 10-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #86
wolf90

Due to the nature of timing and editing, art submissions have a much softer schedule than articles. You have at least to the end of the year to offer submissions. And I would like to see them! I have many more article submissions than art.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #87
Tim Kauffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Due to the nature of timing and editing, art submissions have a much softer schedule than articles. You have at least to the end of the year to offer submissions. And I would like to see them! I have many more article submissions than art.

D.
Sounds good, Thanks.

Would it help the process and ultimately make a better OGREzine if there were a public mention of what sort of artwork you may be looking for specifically and or in general for those of us out here in the wild so we could then use that as a guide in our decision making as to what we will make and submit instead of just doing whatever we fancy.

That's probably getting too close to doing "In-House" work though where the process is more guided and needs are more communicated back and forth and controlled to the final piece. And if you were to post such info, you could get multiple submissions from different people for the same request, which is kind of wasting time for those who's artwork is rejected instead of them doing other needed work instead. I suppose you could have a running list and update with whichever ones are being worked on so you won't have repeat artwork attempts for the same request?

I can't help but think though, the more information concerning what artwork subject matter you are looking for the better we could deliver something closer to fulfilling those needs.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #88
wolf90

Although I understand your request, you've essentially answered it yourself. We have the amazingly talented Brandon Moore "in house", who can provide wonderful images to specific requests.

Just as I view everyone's written submission as their interpretation of the world of Ogre and the Last War, so too (even more so, in some ways!), I see all graphic submissions as a glimpse into your vision of that world. Sometimes artists submissions seem to meld well with written articles we've received and I will match them up. Other times they are just really cool creations. Mathieu Moyen (of 6-Commando fame) made a wonderful image of a Vatican Guard trooper giving Last Rites to a fallen Combine soldier for my Barbarians at the Gate rulebook (see attached). I would have never thought to ask for that, and yet it evoked an amazing sense of "being there".

So although I do appreciate the desire for "direction", I'm going to respectfully decline to offer it. You know the game and the generally accepted "future history"; let your imagination run wild!

And let me see it!

D.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf viaticum_flat.pdf (5.58 MB, 62 views)
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #89
Tim Kauffman

...Imagination Run Wild Mode...ENGAGE
Old 10-25-2018, 06:40 AM   #90
Izzy_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
a wonderful image of a Vatican Guard trooper giving Last Rites to a fallen Combine soldier
In a way thats so real and so screwed up at the same time. Real because its so believable and so much fits human nature, screwed up because "what if that dead Combine soldier wasn't Catholic?" and yet again so true to human nature. Real good war-game art
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote