Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #11
ColBosch

Default Re: Future of DFRPG now that SJ has TFT back....

Somewhere in the announcement thread, SJ himself said that GURPS (presumably including DFRPG) and TFT can co-exist on store shelves and in collections. I don't believe he's interested in GURPS-ifying TFT, because he already did that once, and got GURPS.

Personally, I think this gives SJ Games something they've needed for a long time: a very simple beer-and-pretzels roleplaying boardgame. That it uses many of the same concepts - if in different form - as DFRPG is a bonus.

So Sean and co. will keep bringing us lovely DFRPG and GURPS content, SJ will work with a new team to bring back TFT, and we can play any and all that strike our fancy.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #12
Taliesin
Banned

We now have those beautiful plastic hex bases for our (hopefully drawn by Liz) TFT standees...

I don't think the market is that segmented; I want TFT with a modern presentation and I want more DF and I still love GURPS.
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:18 AM   #13
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post

Personally, I think this gives SJ Games something they've needed for a long time: a very simple beer-and-pretzels roleplaying boardgame. That it uses many of the same concepts - if in different form - as DFRPG is a bonus.

So Sean and co. will keep bringing us lovely DFRPG and GURPS content, SJ will work with a new team to bring back TFT, and we can play any and all that strike our fancy.
I agree, TFT will be great on its own and some will be happy with a super quick simple thing, others having gotten a taste may want something with a little more meat to it and DFRPG and GURPS use a lot of the same and similar concepts and dice. Easy upgrade if you want it, but still fun if you dont.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote