Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
TheWumpus

Default Card Backing Question

This is a question in three parts, all dealing with the same general topic. I apologize if these questions have already been answered elsewhere!

1) Is there a definitive list of the card backing colors for all sets, expansions, and booster packs? Are the card backs mentioned in the product pages anywhere if I were to want to compile this data on my own?

2) If there is not a definitive list, or no easy way to compile one, what sets, expansions, and boosters currently have the Fantasy card backs? (I may be a bit OCD about it, but I really want to collect just the fantasy backed stuff right now.)

3) I hear there is a collection of older boosters coming out called Game Changers. Will those cards have the original card backings?

Thanks in advance!
TheWumpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Blazinjsin

Default Re: Card Backing Question

This link may be helpful to you. Conan is the only core set so far that also has the fantasy back, but Pathfinder is supposed to be released later this year also with the fantasy back.

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Mister Ed

At this point, the cards that have "Fantasy" backs are the original Munchkin Core set and all its expansions (2-8 at this point), Munchkin Conan, and pretty much all the Booster packs. (Fish and Ships has Munchkin Booty backs, Spaceships has Star Munchkin backs, and Munchkinomicon and Fairy Dust have, mostly, their own special backs, as they form extra decks in play, though Fairy Dust has ONE card, the Sparkly Good Fairy, that has the standard Fantasy back. Also, the annual Warehouse 23 boosters generally have cards from a variety of Munchkin versions, but have, thus far, always included some with the standard Fantasy backs.)

That won't net you ALL "Fantasy Munchkin" backed cards, of course, as there are some included with various accessories, and a bunch of promos (some of which are retired, and therefore hard to find and, very likely, expensive to acquire).
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Clipper

You can actually check the card backs of most sets on the site by checking its Card List page, as the images for the backs are on those pages. For example, Fairy Dust shows you that it includes one Fantasy Door and the new Fairy Dust deck.

Also, as it wasn't answered yet, Game Changers is a compilation of the mostly out-of-print Monster Enhancers, Munchkinomicon, Fairy Dust and Reloaded! boosters and the Fairy Dust Dice set. All the cards work with the Fantasy set, with the Munchkinomicon and Fairy Dust themed cards having non-Fantasy backs simply because they are new types of decks (i.e., neither Doors nor Treasures).

Last edited by Clipper; 03-18-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
TheWumpus

Wow!!! Great info! Thanks, guys!

I was kinda hoping that the Conan booster and set had the fantasy back, so that's good news. Even better news is the Pathfinder set!

And I just may look into the Warehouse 23 boosters as well, because, let's face it, I'll probably start collecting more set types later.

Thanks again for the great response!
TheWumpus is offline   Reply With Quote