Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
justsell

Default Help with a leech power limitation

Hello,

I read your forums quite a bit, but do not post much. I have 3 related questions about how to price a power limitation based around a leech effect in GURPS supers. I have tried to make this as clear as I can, but lord only knows.

First off the setup. My character design has two aspects: 1. (ghost arms) multiple extra arms with extra long and the force extension enhancement borrowed from stretching, and 2. strength leech at 5 per attack. Several advantages such as extra hit points and DR use an accessibilty limitation, "only available through leeching." This limitation is where my questions come in. The 3 questions are at the end and are inter-related.

I priced the limitation at -40. For pure mechanical ease, -40 along with can't wear armor(-40) sets DR at a price of 1.

Second an example. I own a bouncy house and the air pump to fill it. Using the pump, I steal air to temporarily fill the bouncy house.

Third, the mechanics. What I envision is this: I leech a level of Strength that costs 10 character points, I then use those character points to temporarily buy some of my own advantages up using "Buff Points" which equal 1 temporary character point. Please note that I have already bought them using permanent points, I am just using the buff points as a mechanism. To continue, a level of DR costs 5 character points. I am envisioning saying, after draining 1 level of strength, I can use the 10 buff points to activate 2 levels of DR. I could also see a 1 point of Strength equals 1 buff point, so it would take 5 levels of strength to activate 1 level of DR. I expect the advantages to last a period of time dependent upon the buff points received. I was thinking 1 hour for a 1 level of strength equals 1 buff point or 1 minute for 1 character point equals 1 buff point.

Questions:
1. Is -40 too high or low? What should it cost?
2. How long should the "buff" last?
3. What ratio would be most appropriate?

What do you think? Thank you for your time and attention.

Justin Sellers, Gurps player.
justsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
Culture20

Default Re: Help with a leech power limitation

You could instead keep leech normal, apply the stolen energy to an ER, and buy DR with insane levels of costs fatigue (ER only) as a limitation. And a special recharge limitation on the ER. No new rules needed, and it solves the buff duration.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote