Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
Thani

Default [RPM] Rapid Fire Throwing Weapon

Like the Storm (of) Shuriken from DF12: Ninja that splits into multiple projectiles when thrown, is there way to make a throwing knife do the same through RPM? Preferably a static amount instead of +1d projectiles like the shuriken, but both would be interesting to see.

Would it be done through create matter, create energy etc to duplicate the projectile and momentum, or simply a Damage X (Rapid Fire +X%)?

Secondarily, is it possible to make a throwing knife into a charm (possibly with said ritual)?
Thani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
Kalzazz

Default Re: [RPM] Rapid Fire Throwing Weapon

You can do a search (I'm on phone and can't copy/paste) for 'MIRVelvish' and you will find where I discussed this with Ghostdancer earlier
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
Thani

Ah yes, thank you. I searched to see if this had been discussed before but I suppose I didn't search for the right thing.

So Zero Damage (Rapid Fire +X%) is the proper way to do it then?

What about the throwing knives being charms, would they have to be destroyed upon 'activation'?
Thani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Terwin

I would create an attack spell with the characteristics you want, and make the trigger of the charm 'when I throw this dagger'

The special effects(the dagger splits into 5 weapons that all speed at the target) are generally free.

For the non-charm spell you could stipulate a throwing weapon as a material component and the throwing gesture as part of the somatic component.
Terwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps 4e, knives, ritual path magic, rpm