Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-04-2018, 03:16 AM   #1
Kesendeja

Default Possible Advantage Glitch

I’ve been working on a Skyrim conversion for GURPS for awhile now, and have finally got around to doing the Dragon Shouts as powers.

One bit of trouble I’ve found is that they are leveled powers with different modifiers. To get around this I’ve been adding a custom limiter of “Prerequsite” and having it take off the cost for the levels before.

My problem is that it only works on some of them. A few have done some really funky math. I think I may have found several glitches this way.

The main example is when I input the -90 for the first prerequisite for the second level of the power, which is 103. It ends up giving me a total of -82, and applies that to the disadvantages of the character.
Kesendeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Possible Advantage Glitch

I'm afraid we can't really see what's going on if you don't post the traits and modifiers in question.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
Kesendeja

I uploaded the GCA file to my Mega account so you could download it.

https://mega.nz/#!Hhp3QJob!AFY7MypLw...BCUapLCwNgQ18A

Last edited by Kesendeja; 06-04-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

I think I see what the problem is, and it's how GCA is supposed to work normally. The +/- % modifiers you are applying to the trait are also being applied to the -X point modifiers that you are applying to the trait. To change this go into the modifier window for the trait, select the -X point modifier and click the edit (wrench) icon to open the Edit window. Click Advanced Edit, then Add Tag. In the left of the new tag type tier and in the right type 1 and then OK your way back out of the windows. This elevates the modifier to be a higher tier so that +/- % and multiplicative modifiers from lower tiers will not be applied to it.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #5
Kesendeja

Thanks that seems to have fixed the problem.

Tags
gca, glitch, skyrim