Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 02-28-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
collinc

Default Storage and sleeves

How are you storing the game? I don't think I'll want to keep everything in starter boxes. Any recommendations? Also are you sleeving your cards and if so what sleeves will you be using?
collinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 AM   #2
KennedyHawk

Default Re: Storage and sleeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinc View Post
How are you storing the game? I don't think I'll want to keep everything in starter boxes. Any recommendations? Also are you sleeving your cards and if so what sleeves will you be using?
In binders for now I put them in set order and eventually (with more expansions) I'll sort them by class type and cost.
KennedyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
ClassicFrog

I prefer KMC hypermatte sleeves for all my card games. reduced glare and super easy to "squish shuffle" (my own term)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011MIRVUU

as for storage I use these
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/146014
with dividers
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/218759

organized by class then card-type and i usually pull the extra rare ones out and store those separately.
ClassicFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #4
crestedskew

Dragon Shield by color and in Ultimate Guard Twin Flip'n'Trays (others use the UltraPro Satin Tower only the Satin Towers though their other stuff is inconsistent at best). I no longer recommend KMC (ever, in fact, I'm strictly opposed to them) since their quality has fallen off since the buyout a while ago.
crestedskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #5
wittzo

I'm new to CCG's, so I asked a friend about it after I had my own ideas.

My card gaming experience has really only been with X-Wing cards. I sleeved my damage deck and all the cards and then put them in albums sorted by card type.

I bought 300 Munchkin Flower sleeves. I plan on putting all of my main collection in perfect-fit sleeves inside the Flower sleeves. That way all my cards get double protection so I can use them to play with. I bought a set of the Ultra-Pro standard deck boxes for them, one of each color for the different classes and a white box for the grays. I didn't go nuts because I know SJG will work with someone to create Munchkin deck boxes and more sleeves besides Spyke and Flower, they have to.

Right now all of my cards loosely fit in a double row card shoebox. I plan on storing my core cards and, hopefully, Desolation of Smog in one box and use another shoebox for the Fashion Furious and the other expansion in another shoebox.

Note to Mr. Reed and Andrew...how about custom deck boxes and sleeves with some of John's art? You could make a wizard specific sleeve or box with an action scene of a wizard and so forth. CCG players go nuts over custom boxes. You could even do a set of Magic card boxes which parody the official Magic or Yugi-Oh art and those guys would eat them up.
wittzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:03 AM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Oh, sure, Phil is "Mr. Reed" but I'm just Andrew. I see how it is.

Serious answer: we are focusing on getting the game moving like clockwork before we start worrying about accessories and other ancillary stuff.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
Owzat1982

I've put my starter sets in ultra-pro satin tower deck boxes. One box will hold 100 sleeved cards and has compartment for the dice, tokens, and level counters.
You can fit a whole starter Set and some extra cards to swap in and out in one box.
Owzat1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #8
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestedskew View Post
Dragon Shield by color and in Ultimate Guard Twin Flip'n'Trays (others use the UltraPro Satin Tower only the Satin Towers though their other stuff is inconsistent at best). I no longer recommend KMC (ever, in fact, I'm strictly opposed to them) since their quality has fallen off since the buyout a while ago.
I'm doing this. I haven't picked up the Flip'n'Trays yet, so my decks are in the Dragon Shield boxes until I do.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
my6AM3RTA6

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinc View Post
I bought the Ultra Pro Standard Matte deck sleeves. Their colors match the class / hero colors almost exactly and look really sharp (https://www.ultrapro.com/product_lis...d3e0j7dbdpb831).

I also have an ultro pro folding case which holds 4 constructed decks and all the markers, tokens, and dice needed (https://www.ultrapro.com/product_inf...d3e0j7dbdpb831). Mine is an older version and holds 160 sleeved cards from my MTG days... but you get the idea. The color-coded sleeves make it easy to identify and separate the decks by hero if they get mixed up and since you start with your hero in play its not like you are giving anything away to your opponent by letting them know your purple cards are a thief deck.
my6AM3RTA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #10
my6AM3RTA6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
I'm doing this. I haven't picked up the Flip'n'Trays yet, so my decks are in the Dragon Shield boxes until I do.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Flip n Trays are great... especially the twist https://www.amazon.com/Twin-FlipnTra...eck+Box+-+Blue
my6AM3RTA6 is offline   Reply With Quote