Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2016, 03:42 AM   #1
Tallor

Default Doomchildren: A Recipe for Self Destruction

I was taking a gander at DF 2 when I realized something--doomchildren are said to "always [be in] a horde". They also prefer melee with knives, have very low hit points, and die in a huge explosion of fire and bone shards--the last of which is plenty enough damage to hurt any nearby doomchildren, even at a yard or so away!

This got me thinking... is this a recipe for turning the battlefield into a crater? In melee, your melee skirmishers are doomed, since the doomchildren will explode and cripple any flanking attackers. However, this "defense mechanism" works against the creature in a hilariously combat-ending fashion--if your ranged characters do enough damage to the leading doomy before it reaches the heroes, it'll set off a chain reaction, destroying all of them rather handily.

I guess I've always thought DF monsters were too lethal, but these ones are capable of killing each other through sheer collateral damage!
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, dungeon fantasy, dungeon fantasy 2, explosion, self destruct