Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
zeldx2

Default Scenario help: A Dark Child's Dreams

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs14/PRE/..._by_rellig.jpg
Hi there. Thanks for taking a peek at this thread. I am here asking for assistance in coming up with ideas for a DMing session i will be doing in the near future.

Here is the setup. Me and my group of friends have a round robin DMing schedule. That way not just one person is faced with always being the DM. The way we do that is we allow people to have multiple characters and we have a central hub just called "the house" run by a character named hamoun. This house sits in between dimensions and has a portal that allows us to go to any dimension we like, thus allowing any DM to play in any way they like.

One of my characters I have created is named Lilium. I based her on the video from newgrounds.com. Please take a peek at it to get an idea of just what she is about because this scenario revolves around her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2vZ8JmkSXQ

Now after watching that you can already tell that this little girl is already a little twisted. I modified things a little being that her parents were lords of the land and that they never had time for her. However when her brother came about they all fawned over the idea of having a baby boy. A true heir per-say. While she was going about the keep on her own she started learning magics and would practice in the nearby graveyard of the keep. Her magics revolve around shadows an illusions, but also have a bit of a childish nature to it (ie tickle...greese. that sort of thing)

Another important thing that i added, was that the shadow whom we classified as a form of demon, tricked her in a way with her wishes. Yes she would one day have him undone, but she was unknowingly given eternal life and youth. The Lilium i play currently is a few hundred years old but still in the shape of a young girl. The reason she joined the group was because she figured things would be interesting to watch and it would be fun to see all the creepy and screwed up things they would see by traveling the multiverse. She is definitely a watcher, but not afraid to get her hands dirty.

Now then after a few fun scenarios one of my friends, unknown to me, decided she wanted to use lilium's storyline in her scenario. The way things worked out was that the shadow had become a god of destruction across the dimensions. one that would only be satisfied by yearly sacrifices. The only way he reached this godhood was by receiving a willing sacrifice of an innocent life, from an innocent life. sound familiar? The mission we were on was to stop this god from destroying our home dimensions so we were sent as the sacrifices. When lilium and the shadow met there was quite a bit of deliberation, but in the end lilium told the shadow that she had waited quite long enough to be undone. Which was quite a moment because that meant when the shadow was killed, lilium would be as well since she was well past the life she should have had. Instead however, her soul was removed, and in its place, her brother's soul was placed within her, cleansing her. She then gained a conscience and a clean slate for her to live her life.

There was a problem though. Her soul was cleansed sure, but her mind and body was not. This created inner conflict many times and i soon found it hard to play her the way she needed to be played. In our last scenario she was in a situation where we were attacked by a group of armed children which we had no choice but to kill, and that seriously effected Lilium.

Now then. enough background. on to the scenario i have planned so far.

After the last mission, Lilium went to her room and never came out. she was found sleeping many days later and still remains asleep, lost in nightmares, her body and soul at conflict with each other. Her state has been carefully monitored privately for a little over a week after finding her and she still has not waken up. It is known that she is trapped in a dream state and they are unable to wake her up. They get as far as getting her eyes to flutter open and she falls right back to sleep and starts dreaming immediately.

This is where the players come in, they are going to be transported into her dreams to try either figure out what is going on, and help if they can. What they do or dont do will ultimately effect what will happen to lilium's personality. She may become a little angel with shadow magic, or she might turn out to be more sadistic and callus then she was before.

I thought I would give them the ability to not "die" but be killed in her dreams, which would cause them to simply wake up. I figured this would be a fun little aspect to add and it would allow them to think outside the box a bit more. If they do "die" however they will not be allowed to re-enter the "scene" they were witnessing. Because we all know that the dream world moves faster then the real world.

As a bit of a starting bit i was planning on having them initially go in and be in the bodies of goblins she had tied up and butchered in a past scenario. She would kill them and they would all wake up with hamune looking at them weird and telling them "....you guys died already? you only just closed your eyes!"

Ultimately i need help coming up with past memories she had and she is running through in her head to try and deal with things. Things that have to do with morality, sweet moments that she simply threw aside because of her callus nature, sadistic moments, cruel moments. Scenes that could really effect how a person's personality would develop over the course of a long time and could be effected by them. And considering this is a dreamscape, things can easily be exaggerated or bounce around crazily or make no sense whatsoever. I want to create moments of shock value, some heartwarming moments and the like. This scenario will likely have no combat at all, pure storyline that will get them involved.

Thanks in advance for the help!
zeldx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
zeldx2

Default Re: Scenario help: A Dark Child's Dreams

im doing this tomorrow....please help!!!!
zeldx2 is offline   Reply With Quote