Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #2041
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

On the bright side, definitely neck. Adjusting my environment ie desk chair and driver's seat.

Looking at the backup warning maybe it's a good thing I didn't post yesterday...
Old 06-02-2018, 01:01 AM   #2042
tHEhERETIC

I dimly remember someone--Mitch? Puck? RocketMan?--mentioning that such a small and motley party was an odd choice for something so momentous. At the time I said eh, it's a meta thing, they're the PCs.

Now it's something I want to put in play. Does anyone remember who that was?
Old 06-02-2018, 07:23 PM   #2043
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I dimly remember someone--Mitch? Puck? RocketMan?--mentioning that such a small and motley party was an odd choice for something so momentous. At the time I said eh, it's a meta thing, they're the PCs.

Now it's something I want to put in play. Does anyone remember who that was?
I personally couldn't find it, but I did find the point where either Laurence or Janus gave them their vessels.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #2044
ladyarcana55

I just realized something...

Didn't Hameal give us something when we were interrogating MoMo? He gave us two things, but one of them caused the person being questioned to keep talking despite themselves. I don't think Mitch ever gave it back. I am looking for that post and I'll let you know if/when I find it

---EDIT---

Found it!

Details are in the spoiler section. I also found a tiny bit more detail

But I can't find is if we ever gave them back, and believe me, I looked. Doesn't Mitch still have them?

---EDIT 2---

NVM, I found it. We did give them back to Hamael. Darn it...

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 06-04-2018 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Found it!
Old 06-05-2018, 12:38 AM   #2045
tHEhERETIC

Busy with Real Life for a couple of days. Of course my car picked today to run out of air conditioning...
Old 07-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #2046
Puck

Sorry, feeling a bit lost in the main thread, can I get a quick sum up about where we currently stand?
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #2047
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Sorry, feeling a bit lost in the main thread, can I get a quick sum up about where we currently stand?
More detail later tonight, but for now...

The gods have pitted the angels and demons against each other. It's not clear which gods, but when a batch of them came on motorcycles to help put away 'Frank', the demon/god hybrid, this guy peeled off from the pack and slipped away. He is "Bombing" Bernhard Von Galen, an ethereal based on a historical war hero. He clearly had the help of the Wild Hunt, of whom he is a member, to pull this off.

The party followed leads to find him here at a car show, where he was building a bit of a cult. The crowd outside the tent, in fact, are fans of his but as far as they know at this point he's just having a private conference with some VIP fans.

Nisroc (canonical, Superiors 1 under Michael but in the vessel of Giovanni Ribisi) arrived a step ahead of the party. He's usually very careful to stay hidden, but he's let himself be seen by Von Galen in order to use his Mercurian resonance on various folks. He's also the boss of Corat and his spies, of which Ryuki is a member. Dominic is Ryuki's superior--Nisroc acts as a go-between between Michael and Dominic.

The party is trying to get Von Galen to tell them who he answers to, but he's all bluff and bravado and he's not giving them much. Corat and Kane are strong-arming him rather literally but it's not working.

It's quite possible that this strong-arming is what made Ryuki walk away. He was raised Shinto (among other things), and does have ethereal sympathies. Mitch has known him long enough to know that he has ties in Hawai'i as well.

Hopefully that gives everybody something to work with while I'm driving.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 07-03-2018 at 03:42 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:47 AM   #2048
tHEhERETIC

I really like these characters and this world. Their evolution has been fun for me and helped with my personal growth--truly. I've made new friends and kept in touch with the old.

That said, we've skirted adult themes more than once, a forum that would accommodate that would be nice, and a forum that would invite players from outside SJG could breathe new life into a decade-old setting. I'm thinking about moving away from the long arc stories and going to something more episodic, not-quite-sandboxy. Some possibilities for the future:

1) Keep PG stuff here, move adult stuff offsite to Facebook/Tumblr/LiveJournal/something else.
Pros: Still has a presence here. Can allude to events elsewhere without having to tone them down there. If one site goes down, the other is still here.
Cons: Stuff in different places, making a loose timeline and plot even looser. Having to sign up for a different forum to get the full play.

2) Keep it all PG and all here.
Pros: familiar and official site that works well and archives easily
Cons: forget adult stuff. Forums are very slow, limiting the reach to new players.

3) Move it all to another site
Pros: All in one place
Cons: Loses tie to SJG and our dear Elizabeth's advice.

Other sites being:
Facebook--pro: massively popular, and familiar enough to me that I can maneuver it easily. con: tends to get embroiled in politics, its popularity making it a target for f-, um, nonsense. No idea how to archive it.

Tumblr--pro: actively promotes RPing and thematically a good place for us. Can set different age levels for different threads. Anonymous posting possible.
cons: I barely know how to get around its interface, and I'd be the mod so I'd need to learn quickly. Possibly lose control of the narrative due to the interface.

LiveJournal--pro: already set up and an interface I know well. Can also set different age levels for different threads. Archiving difficult but not impossible. Guest posting possible.
cons: based in Russia and thus very vulnerable to politics. Traffic is even slower than here, so would not entice new players if I'm not mistaken.

Thoughts?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #2049
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
1) Keep PG stuff here, move adult stuff offsite to Facebook/Tumblr/LiveJournal/something else.
Pros: Still has a presence here. Can allude to events elsewhere without having to tone them down there. If one site goes down, the other is still here.
Cons: Stuff in different places, making a loose timeline and plot even looser. Having to sign up for a different forum to get the full play.

2) Keep it all PG and all here.
Pros: familiar and official site that works well and archives easily
Cons: forget adult stuff. Forums are very slow, limiting the reach to new players.

3) Move it all to another site
Pros: All in one place
Cons: Loses tie to SJG and our dear Elizabeth's advice.

Other sites being:
Facebook--pro: massively popular, and familiar enough to me that I can maneuver it easily. con: tends to get embroiled in politics, its popularity making it a target for f-, um, nonsense. No idea how to archive it.

Tumblr--pro: actively promotes RPing and thematically a good place for us. Can set different age levels for different threads. Anonymous posting possible.
cons: I barely know how to get around its interface, and I'd be the mod so I'd need to learn quickly. Possibly lose control of the narrative due to the interface.

LiveJournal--pro: already set up and an interface I know well. Can also set different age levels for different threads. Archiving difficult but not impossible. Guest posting possible.
cons: based in Russia and thus very vulnerable to politics. Traffic is even slower than here, so would not entice new players if I'm not mistaken.

Thoughts?
I personally think it should all go to one spot. I worry that the back and forth will get confusing. I would like to keep the threads here but more as background or as a summary of what's been happening.

FB, Tumbler or LJ, I don't really care as long as I know what's going on. I hadn't been on LJ in a while so I would have to relearn the interface. I don't have a Tumbler account...yet. And FB goes without saying.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:34 AM   #2050
tHEhERETIC

Okay, putting this up to see if I can make it work. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/innominerpg

Tags
in nomine