Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #121
whswhs

Default Re: Street prostitutes and Erotic Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
If the 'Welcome home honey' kiss suddenly causes clothing to explode off both and you and 45 minutes later you come to in a pool of sweat, limbs passionately entwined... well... that is certainly one definition for 'doing it right'.

However, if the 'Welcome home honey' kiss was just meant to convey love and appreciation and quickly let the two of you get back to your day, then it was very much 'done wrong'.
What you're talking about isn't based on Sex Appeal, either, though, and doesn't particularly have sexual arousal as a goal. In fact I'm not sure it calls for a skill roll, as far as the physical act is concerned.

But this discussion seems to be about erotic art, and therefore about kissing in an erotic context. Though even there, the kind of dramatic effect you're talking about seems like a critical success rather than a normal one. A normal success, to my mind, would make the other person pause for a moment and maybe look at you speculatively.

Seriously, where I draw the boundary between the two skills is that Sex Appeal (or any other Influence skill) is what you use to get the other person to agree to Doing It; Erotic Art (or DX, for basic sexual techniques) is what you use to Do It. Kissing can be involved in both stages.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #122
Keiko
Banned

Sort of a random thought but another possibility for Erotic Art skill in the real world would be someone in a long term monogamous relationship that's dabbled in it a bit to keep things fresh and interesting for them and their partner.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #123
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
Sort of a random thought but another possibility for Erotic Art skill in the real world would be someone in a long term monogamous relationship that's dabbled in it a bit to keep things fresh and interesting for them and their partner.
That's what I always figured the best way to learn it was, and for that reason I'd put points in it on long-lived elf couples and on a Killjoy wizard who didn't enjoy the acts personally but very much wanted his wife to.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #124
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
See my article on the Civil Arts for an issue of Pyramid a while back.
Specifically, this issue of Pyramid.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
professions, prostitute, skills, soldier