Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #11
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Default Re: Stabilising a mortal wound in DF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cule View Post
I've always said that the soul is stored throughout the petrified body and not in any specific place. If you damage the body (even the petrified clothing! Wait, why does clothing get affected anyway?) then the soul is sent on to its reward.

This is to prevent abuse of the magic and goofy ideas about plastic surgery.

How long the soul hangs around as the petrified body is eroded by wind and water is something that never came up.
I make any fatal condition magically reversible within three days, but not later than that. Small towns with just enough clergy to support a Resurrection tend to sprout up within one or two days' march of any major dungeon as an intended consequence.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #12
Varyon

Default Re: Stabilising a mortal wound in DF

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post
I make any fatal condition magically reversible within three days, but not later than that. Small towns with just enough clergy to support a Resurrection tend to sprout up within one or two days' march of any major dungeon as an intended consequence.
I'm considering having a "mostly dead" status, where so long as the body is intact there's a short window in which the character can be brought back via a lesser ritual* than proper resurrection, or possibly even with a (penalized**) use of Esoteric Medicine.

*I favor RPM. Bringing back such a character would probably just be something like Greater Restore Spirit, which would bring the character back but force him to retry the same death check that killed him. Preceding this with Greater Restore Body could repair the damage and avoid the need for the check.
**You may, of course, be able to reduce this penalty through the judicious application of chocolate.

Tags
dungeon fantasy, healing, mortal wound, stabilise