Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #31
Kitsune
 
Kitsune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: At the Stern, Raising the Black
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

From my German point of view I can only say: I have seen some stupid threads about some stupid topics in my time but this one really takes the biscuit. You guys should really get out and run a bit around the block. Perhaps the fresh air helps to get your brains back to normal working temperature.
__________________
"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Welcome back, Kitsune.
__________________
"The navy could probably win a war without coffee but would prefer not to try"-Samuel Eliot Morrison
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #33
Astromancer
On Notice
 
Astromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Virginia
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
From my German point of view I can only say: I have seen some stupid threads about some stupid topics in my time but this one really takes the biscuit. You guys should really get out and run a bit around the block. Perhaps the fresh air helps to get your brains back to normal working temperature.
Now relax Kitsune. Just slot yourself into the game as an anti-Nazi German spying on Jaddis and reporting her actions to the allies while you work for the liberation of Germany from the Nazis. We know very well not all German were either dupes or villains.
__________________
Per Ardua Per Astra!


Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #34
jason taylor
 
jason taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Now relax Kitsune. Just slot yourself into the game as an anti-Nazi German spying on Jaddis and reporting her actions to the allies while you work for the liberation of Germany from the Nazis. We know very well not all German were either dupes or villains.
Treason may have been justified under the circumstances, but it may leave an overly bad taste in the mouth for an RPG, for some players. Why not make Kitsune a patriotic Abwehr agent trying to find out just who those SS goons are attempting to cooperate with and reporting to Admiral Canaris? Sure Canaris was reporting to the Allies but that's farther up the totem pole.
__________________
"The navy could probably win a war without coffee but would prefer not to try"-Samuel Eliot Morrison
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #35
Kitsune
 
Kitsune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: At the Stern, Raising the Black
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor
Welcome back, Kitsune.
Thank you and likewise, Jason.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer
Now relax Kitsune. Just slot yourself into the game as an anti-Nazi German spying on Jaddis and reporting her actions to the allies while you work for the liberation of Germany from the Nazis. We know very well not all German were either dupes or villains.
Why you....*Bristle*

[...]

Yeah, I could picture myself working as anti-Nazi German to help the Rooseveltian America or the Churchillian Britain to liberate my country (funnily those guys never said that they wanted something like a regime change, both made it quite clear that Germany ought to be totally crushed).

Or perhaps I get annoyed by the leaks about the Morgenthau plan in the American newpapers of late 44 and decide to help Stalin's Sovietunion to liberate Germany instead? Maybe I help his minions to kill, deport or drive off some East Prussians or lay the foundation for the Iron Curtain while I am at it?

Or maybe I do turn to Jadis the White Witch to save my country and nation from destruction, humiliation and from being split into parts. Maybe she even turns me into a superaryan, who knows? And if everything else fails I could still try to convince her to speak the "deplorable word" once more and be done with it. Wouldn't that be a most fitting end for the whole campaign? Harharhar...(sardonical laugh)
__________________
"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #36
samd6
 
samd6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

It seems to me that this is a good set up for "The magic Came back" kind of campaign, especially if (borrowing from 7th sea) each country or group of countries has their own magic style. Honestly, the whole internal German politics thing is less interesting to me than how the magic would work.

Unless OP plans on having the PC's take a division or two back through the wardrobe, having Jadis stick around is probably a bad idea.
samd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #37
Astromancer
On Notice
 
Astromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Virginia
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post


Why you....*Bristle*
Hey, I was slotting you in as a brave hero and a crushing retort to those who equaled Germans with Nazis.

Quote:

[...]

Yeah, I could picture myself working as anti-Nazi German to help the Rooseveltian America or the Churchillian Britain to liberate my country (funnily those guys never said that they wanted something like a regime change, both made it quite clear that Germany ought to be totally crushed).

Or perhaps I get annoyed by the leaks about the Morgenthau plan in the American newpapers of late 44 and decide to help Stalin's Sovietunion to liberate Germany instead? Maybe I help his minions to kill, deport or drive off some East Prussians or lay the foundation for the Iron Curtain while I am at it?

Or maybe I do turn to Jadis the White Witch to save my country and nation from destruction, humiliation and from being split into parts. Maybe she even turns me into a superaryan, who knows? And if everything else fails I could still try to convince her to speak the "deplorable word" once more and be done with it. Wouldn't that be a most fitting end for the whole campaign? Harharhar...(sardonical laugh)
Or maybe you steal Jaddis' secrets and use the magic to noble and generous ends? Power, in the end, is amoral, we are not. Take the wicked witch's secrets and fight for justice. I'm giving the Allies Morgan Le Fay as a mentor. She'd certainly understand a strong woman determined to go her own way and prove she smarter and more honnorable than the men.
__________________
Per Ardua Per Astra!


Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #38
quarkstomper
 
quarkstomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Enchanted Land-O-Cheese
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Hm... maybe we're thinking about this the wrong way. Why does the White Witch have to ally with Hitler anyway? As Queen Jadis, she appeared briefly in London once before. She expected everyone to bow before her. It didn't work. Maybe she's learned to be a bit more subtle.

She goes to Churchill; shows him what she can accomplish with her magic. This is Britain's Darkest Hour and he's willing to deal.

How would it play out? I'll have to think about that. But it would be interesting.
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #39
Astromancer
On Notice
 
Astromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Virginia
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Hey Kitsune Morganthau's plan was rejected by the American people as soon as they heard of it. Why is America to be blamed for a crime we never commited 68 years after the idea was rejected?
__________________
Per Ardua Per Astra!


Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #40
Astromancer
On Notice
 
Astromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Virginia
Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkstomper View Post
Hm... maybe we're thinking about this the wrong way. Why does the White Witch have to ally with Hitler anyway? As Queen Jadis, she appeared briefly in London once before. She expected everyone to bow before her. It didn't work. Maybe she's learned to be a bit more subtle.

She goes to Churchill; shows him what she can accomplish with her magic. This is Britain's Darkest Hour and he's willing to deal.

How would it play out? I'll have to think about that. But it would be interesting.
Churchill had many faults but he was much more perceptive than Jaddis would be able to account for. As soon as Sir Winston knew how nasty/dangerous she was, he have her killed. And he would get it done.
__________________
Per Ardua Per Astra!


Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aslan, narnia, nazis, world war ii, wwii

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.