Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 PM   #141
JMason

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

I got my copy in, and HoJ which I didn't pick up the first time around. So... WOW. Very impressed with the quality of these books. The art, the layout, the size, everything looks great. I knew I was getting a deal, but having the books in hand let's me know just how great a deal this was!

Thank you and keep up the good work!
Old 08-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #142
Pmandrekar
Careful Wisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
Maybe the raccoons are playing DFRPG?
Dude, that's all Verona. In Oregon, it's the Squirrels that play RPGS.

:)

-P
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts"- Daniel P. Moynihan
Pmandrekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #143
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
You mean Hall of Judgment?

The first edition has been on sale for a while, at 50% off, both at W23 (I think they have fewer than 10) and my website (I've got about 50).

The second edition, which is sewn binding and printed at the same time as Nordlond, is $28 and likewise available at my website. I ordered enough to have several hundred copies as spares . . . and both Nordvorn and HoJ 2nd Edition will be made available to game stores as well! (My first Dungeon Fantasy RPG products that might actually show up on a shelf).

But yah...plenty to go 'round.
Thanks! That's awesome. If I can't find my copy within a couple of months, I'll buy a new one. Kids, cancer surgery, and a whirlwind of relatives aren't conducive to keeping track of everything.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #144
Refplace

I received Citadel of Nordvorn today, OKlahoma, USA.
Arrived as others have said in over packaged form, Express mail padded envelope in a box with plastic pillow wrap. The nice thing about that is it keeps them from trying to stuff it in my mailbox.

My second review is up! Basically its an overview based on the physical copy that arrived today but it links to the earlier review based on the PDF.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 08-16-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #145
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I received Citadel of Nordvorn today, OKlahoma, USA.
Arrived as others have said in over packaged form, Express mail padded envelope in a box with plastic pillow wrap. The nice thing about that is it keeps them from trying to stuff it in my mailbox.

My second review is up! Basically its an overview based on the physical copy that arrived today but it links to the earlier review based on the PDF.
"print copies may be limited."

I should have over 300 or 350 left to hand. I hope they vanish into distribution and through my website (and W23) in a most sprightly fashion. If they all go through distribution, a reprint might be tough. If they all go through my website or W23, it won't be. If the upcoming campaign for The Dragons of Rosgarth and Forest's End go well enough to clear out the inventory, well . . . sounds like a good stretch goal.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #146
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
"print copies may be limited."

I should have over 300 or 350 left to hand. I hope they vanish into distribution and through my website (and W23) in a most sprightly fashion. If they all go through distribution, a reprint might be tough. If they all go through my website or W23, it won't be. If the upcoming campaign for The Dragons of Rosgarth and Forest's End go well enough to clear out the inventory, well . . . sounds like a good stretch goal.
I think I'll plead "its already posted" and leave it as is. That number sounds limited (though more than I thought) and I hope you will forgive me if anyone reads that post and rushes to buy a copy.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #147
AOTA

Got mine today here in Kansas.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #148
Fred Brackin

Mine came yesterday here in Florida. Very, very nice and the phyeical quality is amazing.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:01 AM   #149
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Mine came yesterday here in Florida. Very, very nice and the phyeical quality is amazing.
Thanks Fred. I’ll admit it’s one of my top 2 favorites for production values to date!
Old 08-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #150
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I think I'll plead "its already posted" and leave it as is. That number sounds limited (though more than I thought) and I hope you will forgive me if anyone reads that post and rushes to buy a copy.
I wasn't trying to get you to change the review/commentary. On the one hand, for a popular title, 350 copies could disappear very, very fast. But I'll also note that Dragon Heresy - my 288 page hardback - has probably sold fewer than 400 copies *total*, which means my Nordvorn and HoJ2e surplus represents quite a stack.

I hope "supplies are limited" is entirely accurate, of course.