Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 11-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Racer

Default Will E23 products EVER be available other formats ?

PDF Files are incompatible with mine & my girlfriend's phones ; no home internet access possible now for 'reasons' , only 30GB Phone data ; probably could download it at one of local libraries - but unable to buy or sell items via their terminals due to stolen good etc ; only relatives near by able to print items off refuse point blank to help .

I'm still recovering from two major operations earlier this year & not tech savvy enough (self taught) to see if I'd be able see if transfer-change format-email to myself- print route via iPhone etc .

After a couple of large payouts I have ample spare cash , so extremely annoying as I wish to finally replace multiple stolen items after two plus decades ...

So a little help please guys if at all please ? Thanks .
Old 11-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
Anthony

Default Re: Will E23 products EVER be available other formats ?

e23 produces are sometimes released as PoD, but there's no guarantee that any given product will be. However, your smart phone almost certainly can render PDF files, Safari does it natively on the iPhone, you might need to install something on Android, and it should be possible to download and then it won't cost any additional bandwidth to reuse.

Last edited by Anthony; 11-27-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
Racer

Basic smartphone with nowhere enough free memory & can't install save directly to storage device chip .
Won't even let me install Line to use when playing online game ...

Have tendency to drop phones or fall over due to health issues . Phone is £15-£22 to replace & is virtually indestructible & will continue to work with badly cracked screen .
My girlfriend's Galaxy cost £74 just for the damn screen to be repaired .

Plus I have ASD & it's taken me 3+ years to fully learn how to control it - six months after they've started to phase it out & not offering much support ...
Replacing & learning new device will trigger my full Sheldon Cooper ...
Old 11-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
Anaraxes

There are a lot of PDF conversion tools, many of them online. (And even free, at least from their front page blurbs. Just Google something like "pdf file converter") You could use one of those to convert your PDFs to the format you prefer. I haven't used any of those tools myself, so I can't recommend one or vouch for how pretty the results might be.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
Racer

I will do that whenever I actually get a chance to use a PC .
My sister has been on at me for ages on my stupid net situation .
Old 11-30-2019, 07:30 PM   #6
Racer

My Uncle will be making some purchases on my behalf over Christmas period & print out results . He's also a bit technophobic - so between two of us , we should be successful when I visit :-D

Not even 'allowed' to ask my computer systems designer brother-in-law , as to not cross my sister's 'geek threshold' ... 8-I

[ 'geek tyres hold'? If my autocorrect could come up with a MORE nerdy phase , I'd be utterly amazed ! ]

Last edited by Racer; 12-08-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:31 AM   #7
Anthony

PDF reading really isn't very hard (the type of PDF SJG uses is more than 20 years old), if your system can't run a pdf reader it probably can't handle most conversions either. What formats do you think you'd actually be able to handle?
Old 12-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #8
Racer

This phone has been causing so many issues recently , I'm not even going to attempt to download anything new to it at moment .

In short time we had yesterday , my Uncle & myself failed spectacularly in our downloading attempt ... ,8-I

On positive note , my Brother in law was impressed & deeply touched by my Christmas present , so I might be able to broach subject with him when my Sister is absent ...

( Seriously she is so scary when in a foul mood ... my Aunt's Ex husband - 20 years my Sister's senior - is still truly petrified of her ...)