Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #311
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Yuri: "It's weird, there are so many different ways. The fat ones always catch my eye. I know they have fat plants on earth, but here they just seem more common. They seem to have some defense against being eaten. I also like the super spindly ones that never actually get leaves. Those ones look creepy and cute at the same time. I find the animals more interesting than the plants though."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #312
Plane

"Maybe they taste bad? I think I'd be interested in seeing the animals too."
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #313
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuria brings up some of the photographs of the animals on the world. They generally look like deformed, six-limbed starfish, with various limbs longer than others or sticking up as stumps. Some of them are enourmous: Yuria shows Olive overhead footage (satalite?) of a beast over 25 feet across. Several notes attached to it debate what the creature is doing, what it eats, and how tall it is. The beasts are also astonishingly fast, moving their limbs around deliberately, and visibly turning themselves to look in various directions.

Much more common that the massive black beasts are green ones. different species have their limbs deformed in different ways, but they all seem to have one leg that is always growing strait up from its base, and another one seems to be long, skinny, and always touching things.

There is also images of small flying creatures, about the size of song-birds.These seem much more symmetrical, though due to their size its hard to see as much detail.

Attached to these images is a schedule for sending down probes to get samples, as well as much better images and other measurements.

OCC: sorry for the delay. I've got some crazy personal stuff going on these next few months

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #314
Plane

(OOC, no prob, same, would still enjoy this even if it was monthly updates)

"They look very interesting, do you think they're as as intelligent as normal animals you've encountered?"
Old 09-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #315
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuria: "Some reports are indicating that these creatures should be as smart as mammals or birds. Some claim they've seen signs of civilization. The people in publishing guidelines say they're really glad they have six months to filter out false alarms on research. Like that's going to help. The Press will go nuts when we come back. <chuckle> They're probably already going nuts speculating"

Old 09-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #316
Plane

"How long do you think it will take to get back?"
Old 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #317
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Its a 148 day mission. We are due back at 20:25 Universal Time on August 27th , 2146. Its the 4th, so we have 144 days left, I think?"

Time Stamp: 14:30 April 4th 2146

Something is off about that date to olive. She's not sure what, but something is. It makes her feel secretive though. She has a memory of someone telling her "remember to maintain your composure"

Old 09-29-2019, 02:36 PM   #318
Plane

"So minus whatever portion of time we would be staying to study this planet, we would halve the remaining time as the approach and return times?"
Old 09-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #319
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuria: "Approach and Return is just a couple of days. We're already in orbit, and its been four days. I suppose that's one perk of Hyper-dimensional travel: You get where you're going really quickly!"

"About seven days before second contact, we'll start packing everything back up. We'll leave orbit about 60 hours before the rendezvous. Once contact with Saturn is made, we'll start sending the data to the publishers. A few press conferences to sum everything up. And then people will start leaking data as the publishers rush to beat each other on publications. "

Old 10-08-2019, 12:04 AM   #320
Plane

"Oh, well it's nice to know that we could get back in a hurry if we needed to, I didn't know if the ship had enough extra food for me, even though I don't need much of it"