Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-29-2014, 11:31 PM   #3351
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Ryuki's eyes dart between Glen's magic and Mitch's gaze. It was one thing to feel slightly dirty doing magic in front of an angel, but to have nothing to do while this was going on seemed extraordinarily awkward. "If you want to, um, catch up with, um, Corey," he stammers, your best clue that he's bothered, "you could nap next to Sunae and no one would see you go. Well, where we are, if anyone saw you go they just wouldn't say anything."
Mitch politely takes a few steps away "I'll leave you to it Glen" he says and after making sure no one is looking their way, lets his vessel slip away and heads into the Marches.

He opens all six of his eyes at the foot of the Volcano and picks his way towards Sunae and Corat "So, were those good enough directions for you to find Misrule or do we need a map?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:57 AM   #3352
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron took his hand, offering a firm shake. "I am. Come in, Mr. White. Would you like some coffee?"

The front room of the house looked like a typical living room. Large Flat Panel TV, game console, stereo system. A modest collection of game cases lay strewn about the coffee table. She clears a spot on the couch, then the armchair. After turning down the music to a much tolerable level, she sits, clad in pajama pants featuring Ninja Turtles and a T-shirt advertising 'Loki Charms'.
Quote:
"Thomas White" eyed the room with a practiced eye, agrees to the coffee, and then sits down. "I got in a fender bender last night while I was transporting a computer of mine. Custom piece, I built it myself and could readily fix it myself if I could get at my tools, but I can't. They're abroad, and I'm here, and I'm afraid if I don't fix the thing right away it could get broken altogether on a speed bump. I'm hoping you can help me out on this."
"Ooooor, I could just borrow your tools." He looks for a likely toolbox and lays a hand on it, watching to see if Cameron reacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch politely takes a few steps away "I'll leave you to it Glen" he says and after making sure no one is looking their way, lets his vessel slip away and heads into the Marches.

He opens all six of his eyes at the foot of the Volcano and picks his way towards Sunae and Corat "So, were those good enough directions for you to find Misrule or do we need a map?"
A ward takes time but no one seems interested in disturbing Glen and Ryuki. One or two definitely notice the hound but aren't bold enough to walk up and ask about him.

"You have a map?" Corat's voice is jovial but he doesn't turn around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae concentrates a bit a she looks like a geisha, complete with heavy makeup and the ornate hair.

"What do you think?"
He flashes his eyes at her for just a second and nods but then resumes looking off into the distance. He's tracking someone, and if you follow his gaze you'll see who. Mo-mo, as far as you can tell from this distance, doesn't look too different here in the dreams. A bit less hair, a couple of horns and some tattoos, but otherwise easily recognizable. He's moving across your line of vision towards a mixed gathering of gods and dreamers.

((Happy New Year everyone!))
Old 01-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #3353
Puck

Quote:

A ward takes time but no one seems interested in disturbing Glen and Ryuki. One or two definitely notice the hound but aren't bold enough to walk up and ask about him.

"You have a map?" Corat's voice is jovial but he doesn't turn around.

He flashes his eyes at her for just a second and nods but then resumes looking off into the distance. He's tracking someone, and if you follow his gaze you'll see who. Mo-mo, as far as you can tell from this distance, doesn't look too different here in the dreams. A bit less hair, a couple of horns and some tattoos, but otherwise easily recognizable. He's moving across your line of vision towards a mixed gathering of gods and dreamers.

((Happy New Year everyone!))
Mitch shoots Sunae a quick smile "Very lovely." He watchs Mo-Mo for a moment and then looks at the others "Should we make ourselves known do you think?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #3354
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Mitch shoots Sunae a quick smile "Very lovely." He watchs Mo-Mo for a moment and then looks at the others "Should we make ourselves known do you think?"
"Not if we want him to lead us anywhere. He's not going to risk betraying his people, intentional or not. He doesn't appear to see us. Let's go."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:25 AM   #3355
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Not if we want him to lead us anywhere. He's not going to risk betraying his people, intentional or not. He doesn't appear to see us. Let's go."
Corat traces Mo-mo's trajectory--he is in fact going towards the party. It drifts like a seaweed patch towards you and him, moving at a lazy pace and meandering path. It contacts dreamers' personal spaces and doesn't run over them so much as bump them, ask permission, and then absorb them. A few get bumped away. If you look closely you see an ethereal or two at the more-or-less front of the floating party scouting out dreamers' bubbles and nudging some out of its path, others into it.

Mitch in particular will note a flash of blue, green, gold and teal, the tail of a peacock. It's the woman-thing named Ligeia and she's whispering into someone's ear. You're much too far away to have any idea what she's saying, but truth sense and savoir faire tell you she is encouraging her companion further into the crowd. She puts her hand on his back and languidly moves him in, walking like a peacock underwater.

As the crowd moves closer to the Dream side of the border, a patchy grass fence is erected on its outsides.

Corat is disgusted. "You know that technically they're allowed to do that, wander around and incorporate dreamers into their gatherings. They wouldn't dare harvest Essence that way on this side of the fence, but there's little we can do on that side."

Quote:
"Ooooor, I could just borrow your tools." He looks for a likely toolbox and lays a hand on it, watching to see if Cameron reacts.

Ryuki knows the words to the ward, knows Glen can't hold a conversation but that he could gesture his thoughts without interrupting his work. "So I figure we're calling Odin sometime tomorrow, and the question in my mind is: do we shake our angelic companions or do we let them in on it? I'm thinking let them in on it, if only because getting rid of them later might not be as easy as just now." He remembers that Glen can't say much just now. "You think we should tell them?"
Old 01-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #3356
chumley1013

Quote:
"Thomas White" eyed the room with a practiced eye, agrees to the coffee, and then sits down. "I got in a fender bender last night while I was transporting a computer of mine. Custom piece, I built it myself and could readily fix it myself if I could get at my tools, but I can't. They're abroad, and I'm here, and I'm afraid if I don't fix the thing right away it could get broken altogether on a speed bump. I'm hoping you can help me out on this."
Cameron thought about this for a moment as she picked up a game case and stared at it.

"Sure. However, if the data is jacked up, I'm gonna have to charge extra for retrieving it. My policy is no questions: I don't ask where this came from, you don't ask how I fixed it." She set the case down and took another mouthful of coffee. "But this isn't going to have the Feds knocking down my door, is it? I'd rather not go through that again."
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #3357
Dalillama

Quote:
Ryuki knows the words to the ward, knows Glen can't hold a conversation but that he could gesture his thoughts without interrupting his work. "So I figure we're calling Odin sometime tomorrow, and the question in my mind is: do we shake our angelic companions or do we let them in on it? I'm thinking let them in on it, if only because getting rid of them later might not be as easy as just now." He remembers that Glen can't say much just now. "You think we should tell them?"
Glen shrugs, then makes a thumbs down gesture with his free hand.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #3358
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron thought about this for a moment as she picked up a game case and stared at it.

"Sure. However, if the data is jacked up, I'm gonna have to charge extra for retrieving it. My policy is no questions: I don't ask where this came from, you don't ask how I fixed it." She set the case down and took another mouthful of coffee. "But this isn't going to have the Feds knocking down my door, is it? I'd rather not go through that again."
"No, no Feds, not at all. I'll go get the set." The man walks out the front door and returns with an jelly-colored desktop, chips and wires exposed dangerously from a punched-in corner of the case. The video card and modem are both cracked all the way through. "Don't worry about the data. It looks like it's probably safe." ((edit: 2000 era iMac, not a PC))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen shrugs, then makes a thumbs down gesture with his free hand.
Ryuki paces, thinking about this as Glen finishes his work. "Okay. Do we send Shuck to tell them we're done? Do you think they'd understand the message? Or do we wait until we've figured out how we're going to get away to call Odin?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-08-2015 at 03:25 AM. Reason: trying to keep visual descriptions consistent
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #3359
Dalillama

Quote:

Ryuki paces, thinking about this as Glen finishes his work. "Okay. Do we send Shuck to tell them we're done? Do you think they'd understand the message? Or do we wait until we've figured out how we're going to get away to call Odin?"
"If we can find someplace quiet to do it, this seems like an ideal time. Shuck can keep an eye on the sleepers, and the angels shouldn't be back for a goodly while. It saves trying to come up with an excuse to get away from them later.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 AM   #3360
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"If we can find someplace quiet to do it, this seems like an ideal time. Shuck can keep an eye on the sleepers, and the angels shouldn't be back for a goodly while. It saves trying to come up with an excuse to get away from them later.
"Quiet, huh?" Ryuki racks his brain coming up with something. "Odin's idea of fun generally isn't quiet, but this is definitely not something we're going to do in a crowded bar. A love motel...not sure it's his style, but it would give us the privacy we need. I'll call my bank so they don't think my card is stolen, and then we can head to Washington Street. The red light district if memory serves me correctly." He pulls out his phone. "Unless you've got a better idea."

Tags
in nomine