Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 05-27-2016, 05:16 AM   #1
clinkz

Default Cleric's ability

Hello guys,

I don't quite catch the Resurrection ability. Does the ability just allow you to both draw a card from the discard pile and discard 1 card from your hand simultaneously ?

Can I discard 2 or more cards from my hand to draw that equal number of cards from the discard pile ?

Thanks in advance
clinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Cleric's ability

Resurrection can only be used if a Cleric player is supposed to be drawing a face-up card or cards (most commonly when kicking open the door, or drawing treasure in a combat where the Cleric had help). He may draw as many cards as were legally allowed for that event as long as he discards a card that is already in his hand before he drew to pay for each card taken from the discards. In other words, a Cleric can only resurrect one card when kicking open the door, regardless of how many cards are in the player's hand. If drawing Treasure after winning a combat with help, the Cleric can resurrect up to as many cards as he was supposed to draw, or the number of cards in his hand, whichever is less. When capable of drawing more than one face-up card, the Cleric has to decide at once how many to resurrect, and how many to draw normally from the deck.

In all cases, the Cleric must resurrect from the discard pile associated with the deck he was going to draw from. So, when kicking open the door, the card must come from the Door discards.

Hopefully, that should cover it. However, this topic has been discussed many times in the past, so if you need more information than I have provided here, you'll probably find it discussed and explained many times by simply searching for "resurrect" on these forums. That way you're not waiting on someone to see any follow-up questions.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ability, cleric