Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
Pope Uncommon the Dainty

Default What would you play in this campaign?

I just had a campaign idea:

Love Island (UK) is a joint project between Andrealphus, Nybbas, and Saminga ~ they've had a rash of suicides and deaths related to being on the show. Sure, Marc has an angel in the TV industry trying to compete the demonic show out of existence in the ratings, and Dominic has an angel in the law courts trying to curtail the abilities of the demons behind the show to do their thing.

But more important are the individual contestants. The angelic PCs have been given Roles designed to help them infiltrate the show to help the humans. There might be a demon PC trying to stop them, or an Ethereal PC born from the dreams of a contestant, or the flourishes of the marketing/branding, or one of the old gods (Eros, Amaterasu, Inanna, Sedna.....).

Out of sheer curiosity: what character would you play if you were to play in such a campaign?

Let's Read: Nidal, Land of Shadows ; Running: Neurally Ambiguous: Geppetto Must Die (Shadowrun 5e) (NSFW website)

Support my RPG writing and streaming on Patreon!

Lucifer's Shards: Sub-Creations Taking Root in Ein Soph Aur {an rpg blog}

Many gods, no masters. Re-enchantment or bust!
Pope Uncommon the Dainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:28 AM   #2
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: What would you play in this campaign?

The one who would be easy to play would be a retread of an existing character: a Mercusrian of the Sword with a very solid role as the production's medical adviser. They're going to have an on-site doctor, on safety grounds, and the doctor gets to talk to everyone, and say "nay" to a few things. To oppose the doctor, demons have to act like human idiots, or break cover.

However, my sole previous experience of an RPG based on "reality TV" ended with me walking out, for the only time in 42 years of gaming, so this would not be my choice of game.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
reality tv, roles